Danger

Stronger Offensive Line  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which is superior?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Push

Just now, BAConrad said:

Oh ok. I mean since you say so, it must be true.

Forget analytics or literally the opinions of tons of other people who watch football.

You just said the analytics didn't matter then throw out some. Make up your mind.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You just said the analytics didn't matter then throw out some. Make up your mind.

I said that posting the stats from a box score arent the end all be all. I never used the term analytics in that post. You literally implied that because Lane Johnson and Collins had "similar stats" then they clearly are on the same level as players. 

I think that showing how often a guy was beat aka pressures allowed, are one of the best ways of using a statistic to gauge an OLinemans performance compared to the rest of them. Because things like penalties committed and sacks given up have to be given with CONTEXT to be even thoroughly examined, as there are so many other factors that can contribute toward them.

3 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I said that posting the stats from a box score arent the end all be all. I never used the term analytics in that post. You literally implied that because Lane Johnson and Collins had "similar stats" then they clearly are on the same level as players. 

I think that showing how often a guy was beat aka pressures allowed, are one of the best ways of using a statistic to gauge an OLinemans performance compared to the rest of them. Because things like penalties committed and sacks given up have to be given with CONTEXT to be even thoroughly examined, as there are so many other factors that can contribute toward them.

Box stats are analytics. So yes you did. The term Analytics covers any patterns of data.

So according to you if Collins allows 100 pressures and no sacks and Johnson allows 30 all of which results in sacks then Johnson is still better.

On 5/7/2018 at 5:13 PM, DoleINGout said:

1. Zach Martin

2. Travis Frederick

3. Tyron Smith

4. Jason Peters

5. Brandon Brooks

6. Lane Johnson

7. Jason Kelce

8. Stefen Wisniewski

9. Connor Williams

10. Cameron Flemming

You're really underrating Kelce and Johnson IMO

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

You're really underrating Kelce and Johnson IMO

I liked Johnson as a prospect more than anyone but I can't underrated a guy who is a known. PED user. Kelce I think is ranked where he ought to be behind the All Pro guys ahead of him.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

I liked Johnson as a prospect more than anyone but I can't underrated a guy who is a known. PED user. Kelce I think is ranked where he ought to be behind the All Pro guys ahead of him.

The "PED user" thing is completely taken out of context. But you can choose what you want to believe in that regard. Fact is his play has been pretty unquestionably the best RT in football.

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

The "PED user" thing is completely taken out of context. But you can choose what you want to believe in that regard. Fact is his play has been pretty unquestionably the best RT in football.

And Martin the best guard, Brooks arguably the best right guard, Frederick the best center, and when healthy Tyron Smith arguably the top left tackle. The only one I would agree with you should be lower ranked is Jason Peters because he is coming back from an injury. By ranking Johnson below those other people I am not saying he is somehow mediocre.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Frederick the best center

Last year that was Kelce, not Frederick

Tyron Smith when healthy is a top 5 LT, however last season he was no where close. I understand he was hurt and that harmed his performance, but it remains to see whether he'll return to form.

If I'm ranking all these players personally, at this moment in time predicting how well they'll perform next season.

10. Connor Williams (He's still a rookie, but he could make a case for being 1 spot higher on this list)
9. Cameron Flemming (Worst Vet by a good margin)
8. Stefan Wisniewski (Above average guard in a system that's good for him)
7. Jason Peters (Injured and quite past his prime)
Gap here

6. Bradon Brooks
5. Tyron Smith
4. Travis Frederick
3. Lane Johnson
2. Jason Kelce 
1. Zach Martin

Archived