WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

2005 - Joe Johnson breaks his cheek bone.

2006 - Amare has a microfracture surgery and misses damn near the entire season. Would have beat Dallas and Miami that year IMO.

2007 - The big suspension heading into game 5 that completely changed the series. That was a true pick-em series, and one Phoenix had a great shot at winning. And if they beat SA, then they are winning the title. 

2018 - CP3 injures his hamstring after going up 3-2 against the Dubs.

D'antoni is legit cursed. Would be looked so much differently if not for all this bad luck. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

2005 - Joe Johnson breaks his cheek bone.

2006 - Amare has a microfracture surgery and misses damn near the entire season. Would have beat Dallas and Miami that year IMO.

2007 - The big suspension heading into game 5 that completely changed the series. That was a true pick-em series, and one Phoenix had a great shot at winning. And if they beat SA, then they are winning the title. 

2018 - CP3 injures his hamstring after going up 3-2 against the Dubs.

D'antoni is legit cursed. Would be looked so much differently if not for all this bad luck. 

Johnson played in 3 of the 5 games in 2005. They went 1-2 with him against SA. And without Iggy's injury, would CP3's even matter? As for the suspension, the Suns still lost Game 6. It was 2-2 before the suspension. I think you're way overstating things.

Played three out of five? Series was a WRAP after the first two games when they lost them....AT HOME. Completely different series if he is ready to go from game 1. 

I'm not overstating anything. What about me saying the big suspension heading into game 5 that completely changed the series is wrong? I never said it wasn't 2-2...In fact, that is why it made game 5 so big. Sure they lost game 6, but if they win game 5 then there is a game 7. And heck if they win game 5, then game 6 is completely different. 

And if Iggy doesn't get hurt, this series may be over. But CP3 still injured his hamstring being up 3-2. 

The point was, D'antoni has been cheated at an opportunity for a ring MULTIPLE times. They had great shots at winning in every scenario I mentioned. 

I feel bad for CP3. With his injury history and with him getting older, he might never get another chance like this. 

I personally believe Houston has proven to be the 2nd best team in the league and they should bring everyone back next season, but as we’ve seen, one small jump can change everything. 

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Houston as the 1 seed again next year. 

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Tucker was basically signed to be Hardens body guard 

Well, they did sign Bobby Brown just because of how tight he was with Harden.....But Tucker is legit, provides more than just being a bodyguard. If they wanted a bodyguard, then they should have just signed Perkins LOL.

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

I feel bad for CP3. With his injury history and with him getting older, he might never get another chance like this. 

I personally believe Houston has proven to be the 2nd best team in the league and they should bring everyone back next season, but as we’ve seen, one small jump can change everything. 

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Houston as the 1 seed again next year. 

Probably a good chance they will be the #1 seed in the West again with how much the Warriors BS during the regular season. Obviously injuries are a big factor, but I don't see many big changes in the West this offseason. I expect Kawhi signs the super max and stays with SA, LeBron stays East and PG to Lakers isn't impacting the top 2-3 seeds. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, they did sign Bobby Brown just because of how tight he was with Harden.....But Tucker is legit, provides more than just being a bodyguard. If they wanted a bodyguard, then they should have just signed Perkins LOL.

We needed a body guard who could actually be on the court with Harden. 

Tucker has proven to be the perfect 4 in our system and the perfect guy to counter the warriors Death Line up. 

Funny thing is we signed him with the MLE, after failing to give it to Iggy and Reddick. Works out for us. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Probably a good chance they will be the #1 seed in the West again with how much the Warriors BS during the regular season. Obviously injuries are a big factor, but I don't see many big changes in the West this offseason. I expect Kawhi signs the super max and stays with SA, LeBron stays East and PG to Lakers isn't impacting the top 2-3 seeds. 

Yeah I agree. I think there’s a small chance Lebron goes to LA. I read a deal the other day that the lakers were Going to basically offer anyone they had for KAT and then try and sign PG and LeBron 

short of that, I don’t see anyone in the West getting significantly better. If the wolves can get everyone on the same page, they can be a top 3 team. 

Archived