****Spoiler Thread**** Solo: A Star Wars Story

Deadpulse

On 6/1/2018 at 1:37 PM, thrILL! said:

The only way I’ll ever begin to take these Star Wars cartoons seriously (other than the masterpiece Clone Wars by Genndy Tartakovsky) is if they have Vader kill Ahsoka.  If they chicken out and let her run away forever in exile then that’s beyond pathetic.  

They did for 2 seasons and then.... Time travel shenanigans leads to Ahsoka living past ROTJ. Also fun fact forces of destiny (google it) is Canon.... 

Solo's a fine movie but eh other than the Darth maul thing it was a basic action movie with Han Solo slapped on the title, I'd hope for more Maul things in the obi-wan movie but we know how that ends. 

This movie was mostly boring, although it had some good moments.

I blame Ron Howard.

The performance of the guy who played Han may have been the best part of the movie. It was well done.

The cinematography was horrible. Almost like they were trying to obscure these characters on purpose to make if seem like it's really young Harrison Ford or something.

L3 obviously was bad. My previous picture of the Robot from Spaceballs was on point.

Emilia Clarke is not a good actress.

Darth Maul's scene was laughable, clearly setting up the next "A Star Wars movie" Obi Wan thing.

David Glover was disappointing.

The parts where they explained too much were cringy (Solos name origin and Chewbaca needing a nickname)

The 3rd Act was well done, it partially redeemed the movie.

Ron Howard sucks, and makes safe boring movies.

Archived