Seahawks Sign WR Brandon Marshall

showtime

I'm pretty excited about this.  Marshall is still a quality player and gives the Seahawks a big receiver to throw to.  We're going to see a redemption year from Marshall and I think he's a great fit on this offense.

On 6/3/2018 at 10:39 AM, animaltested said:

Insurance for Darboh and J Brown. If those guys play well in the pre-season, BM is gone.

They're both 6'2". Marshall is 6'5".

I don't think they're going to be playing the same roles.  Marshall will be a replacement for Jimmy Graham in the red zone, and probably not be used much outside of that due to his age/wear and tear/etc.

The young guys will be fighting to fill the role Richardson occupied, and will be tasked with stretching the field. That is something Marshall is not capable of at this point in his career.

23 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

They're both 6'2". Marshall is 6'5".

I don't think they're going to be playing the same roles.  Marshall will be a replacement for Jimmy Graham in the red zone, and probably not be used much outside of that due to his age/wear and tear/etc.

The young guys will be fighting to fill the role Richardson occupied, and will be tasked with stretching the field. That is something Marshall is not capable of at this point in his career.

Good point.  I really like the bigger receivers around Doug Baldwin, especially because Wilson improvises so much.  It's really nice to have some bigger targets to throw the ball up to.

Archived