Run Off Vote - Ranking The Roster #10

TitanLegend

Who is the 10th best player on the Titans roster?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 10th best player on the Titans roster?

It's funny... Ryan may end up being our best CB next year... the guy I'd most feel comfortable shadowing a big guy like Hopkins.... and here he is struggling in a top 10 run off against a P and a guy I fully expect to take on a reduced role this year.

Don't get me wrong,  Kern is good... top 3 in the league... possibly top 2... but he's a punter.  King,  who you had put up similar stats the last year, the past 2, 3...5 years.  And he was cut... not traded... just cut.  He's arguably a top 3 punter in the league... top 5 for sure... but just like Kern, he's a punter.

And Woodyard... go back 2 seasons of posts and I've probably pumped him up more than most on the board. I always had him above Williamson while everyone read on that train. He's had a resurgence in TN and has been one of the reasons our D has stepped forward.  But he hasn't been better than Butler... and I don't expect that to change as he enters his age 32 season while Ryan enters his prime, age 27 season. I fully expect Evans to grab that every down role LBer early on as Woodyard slides into the AW role,  limiting or leaning his snaps to heavy run situational plays. He's still a starter and will get his 500-600 snaps,  but expect Brown and Compton will relieve him in various sub packages and pass obvious situations. 

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

It's funny... Ryan may end up being our best CB next year... the guy I'd most feel comfortable shadowing a big guy like Hopkins.... and here he is struggling in a top 10 run off against a P and a guy I fully expect to take on a reduced role this year.

Don't get me wrong,  Kern is good... top 3 in the league... possibly top 2... but he's a punter.  King,  who you had put up similar stats the last year, the past 2, 3...5 years.  And he was cut... not traded... just cut.  He's arguably a top 3 punter in the league... top 5 for sure... but just like Kern, he's a punter.

And Woodyard... go back 2 seasons of posts and I've probably pumped him up more than most on the board. I always had him above Williamson while everyone read on that train. He's had a resurgence in TN and has been one of the reasons our D has stepped forward.  But he hasn't been better than Butler... and I don't expect that to change as he enters his age 32 season while Ryan enters his prime, age 27 season. I fully expect Evans to grab that every down role LBer early on as Woodyard slides into the AW role,  limiting or leaning his snaps to heavy run situational plays. He's still a starter and will get his 500-600 snaps,  but expect Brown and Compton will relieve him in various sub packages and pass obvious situations. 

true dat

Kern is a great punter and a great player for us. But one of our ten best players when we have a consistent and uber-reliable corner like Logan Ryan on the team? no chance, lance.

5 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I think Adoree surpassed Ryan towards the end of the year. Adoree over the last 3 or 4 weeks played at a ridiculously high level. That being said, I agree Ryan should be the no brainer choice here. He's probably one of our most consistent players, and has played at that consistently good level for several years now, where as Adoree for all we know could drop off as has happened before many times in this league.

I'm excited for our secondary all around. A top 4 at CB of Butler/Jackson/Ryan/Sims(or whatever order you place the first 3 in) with Byard at FS is so nice to think about. Even Cyp at SS played decently for the most part last year(had some down moments but by and large wasn't an issue), and playing an even more traditional role in Pees' defense ala Pollard should benefit him well.

Archived