Who Makes the Team at WR Now?

Phire

37 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Johnson was never ever a lock before the trade. There was never a need to keep 6 WR with the RB and TE who can split out or play the slot on this roster. NOW after the Trade he is defenitly in the mix  with Treggs for #5 and god forbid we see something anything from Hands of Stone Gibson so we're not wasting a 5th. Only locks

AJ, Torrey, Agholor, Hollins

Then it's

Treggs (2nd year), Johnson, Turner, Gibson, 

He was pretty much guaranteed a spot on the team with how he's been playing and how many snaps with the 1st team he has been getting.

This is from Kempski (3 days ago):

Wide receiver (7): Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor, Mack Hollins, Marcus Johnson, Greg Ward

Wait. Seven receivers?!? Yep. Marcus Johnson is a lock at this point, and I've been impressed enough by Greg Ward that I would not chance leaving him exposed on the practice squad.

I believe there's still a chance the team trades Matthews, which would of course bring this total down to six. Trust me, that math is correct. I used a calculator.

This is from Brandon Lee Gowton (4 days ago):

Wide receiver - Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, Nelson Agholor, Marcus Johnson, Mack Hollins, Greg Ward Jr. (6) [12]

I think the Eagles will keep six wide receivers on the final roster. It’s just a matter of which six. Jeffery, Smith, Agholor, Hollins are stone-cold locks to make the team. Marcus Johnson could also very well be in that territory. The Eagles have given him first team reps in Jeffery’s absence. In addition to making plays on offense, Johnson has also practiced well in special teams drills. So that’s five wide receiver spots locked in.

Jordan Matthews is also a lock barring a trade. In this situation, however, I’m projecting the team does indeed deal him. Daniel Jeremiah might know something when he says Agholor (and not Matthews) will be the team’s slot receiver. ESPN’s Tim McManus hinting at a Matthews trade is also noteworthy.

I don’t think trading JMatt is entirely realistic because I don’t expect the Eagles to be able to get a worthwhile return for a player on the last year of their contract. Though he hasn’t missed a training camp practice, Matthews hasn’t necessarily looked 100% this offseason. Lingering injury issues could also limit his value.

Assuming Matthews is traded, the Eagles could look to keep impressive undrafted rookie free agent Ward. He’s seen time in the slot.

I'm sorry but I don't see how they can keep 6WR let alone 7. Not happening given our depth with the front 7 ,the OL and need for players because of the apparent crap in the secondary.

Post trade I can see him making the team but he was never a lock before IMO regardless of some writers opinion. We see Training Camp Hero's every year. Nobodies who take TC by storm but disappear in the Preseason or Regular season.

He's this seasons Paul Turner for me until proven otherwise.

On 8/12/2017 at 4:22 AM, Nabbs4u said:

I'm sorry but I don't see how they can keep 6WR let alone 7. Not happening given our depth with the front 7 ,the OL and need for players because of the apparent crap in the secondary.

The seven number was prior to the Matthews trade.

Archived