2018 FIFA World Cup Group C & Group D

LeeEvans

1 minute ago, PAW said:

The goal of soccer is to score goals and to not allow goals. You do that by creating chances for yourself and limiting chances for the opponent. They’ve been better at both. Possession is meaningless in a game like this, it’s extremely obvious Iceland is letting them possess and Argentina is doing nothing with it. Possession stats don’t show who is outplaying who. 

I think anyone is outplaying anyone. I think its q 50/50 match and the score reflects that. Neither team has done enough to be winning in my opinion.

1 minute ago, PAW said:

The goal of soccer is to score goals and to not allow goals. You do that by creating chances for yourself and limiting chances for the opponent. They’ve been better at both. Possession is meaningless in a game like this, it’s extremely obvious Iceland is letting them possess and Argentina is doing nothing with it. Possession stats don’t show who is outplaying who. 

It's literally 4 chances created to 4... 12 shots/4 on goal to 8/4 on goal. 

Argentina is dominating every meaningful statistic. Iceland is essentially putting 10 men behind the ball and have had 2 decent looks. They are not the better side thus far.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

It's literally 4 chances created to 4... 12 shots/4 on goal to 8/4 on goal. 

Argentina is dominating every meaningful statistic. Iceland is essentially putting 10 men behind the ball and have had 2 decent looks. They are not the better side thus far.

I dont get the obsession with one side having to be better than the other, this game is very evenly poised and, if, someone scored next I think it will be deserved no matter who it is. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I dont get the obsession with one side having to be better than the other, this game is very evenly poised and, if, someone scored next I think it will be deserved no matter who it is. 

I agree with your assessment that neither side has been better - as reflected in the score line. I just adamantly disagree that Iceland has been the better side.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

I agree with your assessment that neither side has been better - as reflected in the score line. I just adamantly disagree that Iceland has been the better side.

I agree with you. They've done well and certainly look like they can add to their score but they havent been any better than Argentina.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Is this what we're gonna get from Fox the entire time? Comparisons of Messi and Ronaldo in every single thing they do? But only goal scoring will count? Nothing else?

In a word, yes. 

Archived