2018 FIFA World Cup Group C & Group D

LeeEvans

Just now, LeeEvans said:

Wow. That was horrendous from Argentina, I dont know how Iceland didnt score. 

This game is unbelievably open. 

End to end! Great defensive unit vs exceptional front line then terrible defensive unit vs counter attacks.

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I dont know how any Argentine fans could criticize Messi. The rest of this Argentina team does nothing. Hes picking the ball up near the halfway line and pulling all the strings. 

You notice every 2nd pass goes to him too lol.

They are always looking for him.

Just now, texans_uk said:

You notice every 2nd pass goes to him too lol.

They are always looking for him.

Yeah it's insane, hes involved in everything. They really miss having a guy who can pass the ball well in midfield. Hes having to be creator and scorer at the same time. 

Just now, texans_uk said:

Iceland gonna struggle here

Really the game plan shouldn't change. They need to keep their goal difference down as much as possible. They probably weren't expecting to get anything from this so just keep it tight and try to steal a point.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

That moment you remember Willy Caballero was thrust into the starting GK role due to Ramos' injury but you put all your chips in the Argentina basket... 

I dont know how to tell you this but Caballero is far from the worst thing about this Argentina squad haha.

Australia played well and the tactics implemented were very good. France got very lucky with both the penalty call and the toe poke which resulted in a goal by millimeters off the crossbar. Australia will qualify based on that performance 

Archived