2018 FIFA World Cup Group C & Group D

LeeEvans

7 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

BBC just showed a clip where he touches the ball. VAR replay didn't show the same clip smh.

He barely touched it, it still a penalty. It’s not about merely touching the ball. 

Both are penalties. It seems like with Umtiti he jumped thinking he could heading the ball and realised he couldn’t get there and it touched his hands.

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

He barely touched it, it still a penalty. It’s not about merely touching the ball. 

Wait what? It's not about touching the ball? What is it about then?

He knocked the ball out of its spin which cause Griezmann to miscontrol it. Contact was long after the ball was gone.

Just now, texans_uk said:

I don't get the Lawrenson hate.

He says exactly what we are all thinking. I think how dry he is, is hilarious.

I think people expect the analyst to add some insight that goes beyond stating the obvious. 

He has his moments though, like you say.

As for France, playing 2 holding midfielders against a team who would happily take a draw is the stuff that gets managers sacked.

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

Very odd. France have so much talent but seem intent on squandering it.

The Didier Deschamp effect. This performance is exactly why I never really got behind France as a favorite. They're like Belgium, they just aren't as good as they should be when you look at the squad. 

3 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I think people expect the analyst to add some insight that goes beyond stating the obvious. 

He has his moments though, like you say.

As for France, playing 2 holding midfielders against a team who would happily take a draw is the stuff that gets managers sacked.

I know what you mean. But there are very few Gary Neville type commentators around.

If you aren't going to be particularly insightful at least be amusing.

This is a dreadful French performance, so slow at everything.

This Australia team is made up of lower league players and have limited pace, just get at them!

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

No they aren’t. He calls out players that he isn’t rooting for. Hasn’t called out a single Australian player.

Maybe because nearly every Australian player has played out of their skin to get to this point. Their energy, workfare and desire is infectious. The French are lethargic.

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

The Didier Deschamp effect. This performance is exactly why I never really got behind France as a favorite. They're like Belgium, they just aren't as good as they should be when you look at the squad. 

Bizarre tactics. Dembele and Mbappe are wasted in this team and then taking off Griezmann for Giroud when they should play together.

Archived