2018 FIFA World Cup Group C & Group D

LeeEvans

10 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Not really comparable. But whatever makes you happy or angry with Lawrenson I guess in this case. Were talking about a squad made up of J League and A league players playing against CL players, Wilfred Zaha would immediately be Australia's most talented ever player. (Yes better than Kewell)

Everyone roots for the underdog.

Irrelevant. At least that oaf McMannaman is willing to criticise the significantly weaker teams. But whatever, the game is over. 

France played poorly, and they should get better as tournament progresses. Deschamps was always the issue and it’s why they won’t win.

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I used to be a defender so I usually side with the defender but if he does make contact it's very, very little and doesnt change the path of the ball at all. Griezmann has a decent shot at it and I think that warrants the penalty. 

You think that touch by Griezmann was what he planned? If so he's got an awful first touch. 

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Irrelevant

How is it irrelevant? A side made up of players who wouldn't get out of the English championship vs a team of global superstars? Got some blue tinted shades on there bro.

15 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

How is it irrelevant? A side made up of players who wouldn't get out of the English championship vs a team of global superstars? Got some blue tinted shades on there bro.

Because there is still a stark difference in quality. No matter how big it is. They’re still professional footballers.

20 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

You think that touch by Griezmann was what he planned? If so he's got an awful first touch. 

Yes it was a bad first touch and understandably so. Because he was put off by the defender. The slightest touch that the defender gets actually plays the ball onto Griezmann feet and forces Griezmann to take a bad touch. ITV are showing it and confirms pretty much what I said and saw. 

33 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

If we had a half decent coach we would be so good. That was a disgracious performance. We were lcky to win

While I think Deschamp is a poor manager I always find it interesting that the French players are never blamed. Regardless of team selection, most French players looked like they couldn't be bothered. The tempo was incredibly slow, there was no combination or any sort of creativity. The energy and effort from the players on the pitch was awful.

7 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

While I think Deschamp is a poor manager I always find it interesting that the French players are never blamed. Regardless of team selection, most French players looked like they couldn't be bothered. The tempo was incredibly slow, there was no combination or any sort of creativity. The energy and effort from the players on the pitch was awful.

Agreed. I think Deschamps had terrible tactics, but the lack of effort from the French players was appalling.

18 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yes it was a bad first touch and understandably so. Because he was put off by the defender. The slightest touch that the defender gets actually plays the ball onto Griezmann feet and forces Griezmann to take a bad touch. ITV are showing it and confirms pretty much what I said and saw. 

So the touch from the defender causes a miscontrol? A miscontrol which meant Griezmann couldn't reach the ball after.

I saw Clattenburg saying it was a yellow because he was "going for the ball" which is true, but surely by catching his back leg that's almost a "2nd phase" at which point he was never reaching the ball?

I just think it's still too grey to give it.

Oh well they got it and scored

3 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Sampoli doesn't trust his backline basically

And I dont blame him for that haha. Their LB plays for Ajax and is pretty decent. Having Otamendi be your rock at the back is not ideal though. 

Still I think they need someone who can actually pass the ball around and get it to Messi. 

Archived