2018 FIFA World Cup Group C & Group D

LeeEvans

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

Time to use the video review to hand out a red card. I mean it's for more than just goals/penalties/off sides, right?

For the Otamendi ball kick? Yeah I dont know how that's not a red.

Just now, PAW said:

Rakitic's performance today was the best of any player in the tournament thus far IMO. 

Absolutely. Hes done everything. Hes defended, hes created, hes scored and he even had a block on the goal line.

2 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, I'm keeping track via twitter, so I am a bit behind on  the scoring/dirty plays.

I'm not sure how they didn't change that. To quote Sir Alex "he could have killed the lad".

1 minute ago, PAW said:

Messi getting drilled in the FOX post game for his body language and attitude, and deservingly so.  Shocking by him today. 

I still find it hard to level blame at him when hes got the level of talent around him. They had crosses into the box and no one even trying to get onto the end of it, Messi included. Acuna was god awful, Caballero is a disaster. An aged Mascherano is their best midfield option. That team is a travesty and I think the blame deserves to be spread around to everyone from Sampaoli, Messi and everyone on down. 

16 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Since Dybala has come on hes been completely out of the game. I think hes just frustrated, this Argentina team is a disaster.

At first I found myself asking why in God's name Meza was started in the first place.  But after each goal (the last two of which were products of mistakes he made), I found myself asking why the hell was he being left on the pitch?

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I still find it hard to level blame at him when hes got the level of talent around him. They had crosses into the box and no one even trying to get onto the end of it, Messi included. Acuna was god awful, Caballero is a disaster. An aged Mascherano is their best midfield option. That team is a travesty and I think the blame deserves to be spread around to everyone from Sampaoli, Messi and everyone on down. 

Don't think anyone blamed him for the result. Were just criticizing his attitude and lack of leadership.  Think it is obvious Willy is to blame more than anyone as far as performance. 

Archived