2018 FIFA World Cup Group E & Group F

LeeEvans

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

I wish refs would give cards for dives, like they are supposed to.

There was an absolute horrendous dive on the second day iirc with absolutely zero contact, and the ref just gave the guy a talking to

I remember that one. Also yesterday it looked like Victor Moses was trying out for the Nigerian diving team. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

Draxler has been very good. He should definitely continue to start for Germany. 

He was the star for Germany at the Confed Cup last year and it seems he's continuing that, even the full team back.

He's somewhat wasted at PSG

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

He was the star for Germany at the Confed Cup last year and it seems he's continuing that, even the full team back.

He's somewhat wasted at PSG

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if Tuchel gives him a chance although I dont have any idea where he'd fit. 

Hes the only guy who really looks like he's a threat to Mexico. 

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Draxler has been very good. He should definitely continue to start for Germany. 

I’m a huge fan. Desperately wanted Chelsea to get him last summer when PSG was trying to offload him. He’s been their best player today for sure. 

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

If Mexico could pass on their counter attacks this game wouldn't even  be close.

Yea I have huge doubts about Germany after watching this. They need to change their midfield in my opinion moving forward to add a little more athleticism. Bench Khedira. 

2 minutes ago, PAW said:

Yea I have huge doubts about Germany after watching this. They need to change their midfield in my opinion moving forward to add a little more athleticism. Bench Khedira. 

But the thing is, I feel like with how they've played today, a team like Spain would be easier to play against. Spain had a lot of passing, like Germany, but then again, Spain is also much more athletic. Portugal I think wouldn't struggle much with this team too. Even though they're older than dirt.

Khedira has dropped off quite a bit since he has been playing with Juventus. Must be dat Serie A ball he plays. 

2 minutes ago, PAW said:

They dont really gave a great holding midfielder or even really athletic, they've got a lot of guys in the same mold. 

Archived