2018 FIFA World Cup Group E & Group F

LeeEvans

I was very down on Serbia coming into the tournament but I was extremely impressed by that performance. 

I thought Mitrovic and Savic up top were incredible with the way they held the ball up and provided a consistent outlet, Costa Rica had no answer for them. Their finishes was poor but their contributions were huge. I thought Tadic, who's had a bad year at Southampton, was great. He was beating his LB almost at will and really gave Serbia some nice width that they were not getting down their left. 

Defensively I was surprised by how comfortable they were and worked as a unit very well. Even when they did get beat they either had another player covering or showed a really impressive ability to recover quickly and win the ball. 

3 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Kolarov is amazing. Whenever he steps up for a FK, I practically expect it to go in. 

The freekick was perfection. He was excellent defensively as well, the whole Serbia backline was. They miss a little bit of creativity in midfield but other than that I thought they were very, very good. 

11 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

That was a valiant effort by Navas but man is he inconsistent as hell with terrible footwork. Hopefully Real can replace him this year.

But at least it means that he makes regulation saves look like brilliant diving saves! :P

Archived