Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

REDandPEWTER

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'll leave out Rodgers because he's the exception. Dude's #good at football.

I think people see what Brady and Rodgers are doing right now and expect that to be the standard. But those two are so far ahead of everyone else. And it took Brady eight years to get to this point. Hell, Rodgers sat for three years before he got his shot.

I think people get lost in the hype and just expect the next "Brady" to happen as soon as someone gets in the nfl.

I think with the vast improvements the team has made this offseason on d, that once JW is back from his suspension there should definitely be an improvement from last year.  

Next off season the team should make a move for a RB either the draft or FA/Trade. 

Personally I think the bucs are 1-2 years away from making a serious playoff run.  Could be sooner depending on he defense.  

I think our run game will be fine. As long as we can average four yards per carry and convert more third/fourth and shorts we'll win more games. I think the addition of Jensen and subtraction of Dougie already helps us with that.

Manning won games in year two. And they let Favre be Favre Bc he still won games despite his picks. 

Winston is inconsistent. He throws bad picks. Fumbles. And yeah I get it. The run game needs to improve. But winston is not very good at going through reads and making quick throws in the RZ. That is why we can’t score TDs. He needs to improve his decision making and that includes not locking in on one guy. Analysts when calling games call this out often how he doesn’t see open guys Bc of that. 

25 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think our run game will be fine. As long as we can average four yards per carry and convert more third/fourth and shorts we'll win more games. I think the addition of Jensen and subtraction of Dougie already helps us with that.

Yeah I think if we can do all that, then the wins will come. The oline will have to do a lot better though. 

13 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Manning won games in year two. And they let Favre be Favre Bc he still won games despite his picks. 

Winston is inconsistent. He throws bad picks. Fumbles. And yeah I get it. The run game needs to improve. But winston is not very good at going through reads and making quick throws in the RZ. That is why we can’t score TDs. He needs to improve his decision making and that includes not locking in on one guy. Analysts when calling games call this out often how he doesn’t see open guys Bc of that. 

Our offense has also been completely predictable. Sims is in the game? We're throwing the ball. Doesn't matter if it's third and inches. Dougie's in the game? He's either running the ball or pass blocking. You don't have to cover him if the oline steps in pass pro.

Defenses were calling out our plays before we ran them last year.

And our redzone offense was Brate in the seem, a Mike Evans jump ball, or a failed rushing attempt. There was zero creativity.

37 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Honestly what’s really sad is Winston is focused on getting a new deal. Yet he just was suspended for sexual assault. Like does he not care about what just happened ? 

That's quite an assumption.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:08 PM, Pickle Rick said:

I think people get lost in the hype and just expect the next "Brady" to happen as soon as someone gets in the nfl.

I think with the vast improvements the team has made this offseason on d, that once JW is back from his suspension there should definitely be an improvement from last year.  

Next off season the team should make a move for a RB either the draft or FA/Trade. 

Personally I think the bucs are 1-2 years away from making a serious playoff run.  Could be sooner depending on he defense.  

Trust me. No one has expected the “next Brady”. 

Stafford made the post season in year 3. 

He came back from the injury and played decent against the packers. Fumbles the game away against the panthers then cries to the refs and attacks them after. 

Throws the game away against Detroit. 

I’ll say this. He played well against Atlanta. 

New Orleans. He made his best throw of the year to Godwin for the game winner. The rest of that game was putrid. Kudos to a defense playing well despite 3 picks and shoulda been more. 

So in 5 games, he played great in one. Horrible in 3. And average in one. 

Future franchise qb? 

On 7/22/2018 at 12:29 AM, bucsfan333 said:

That's quite an assumption.

Right maybe it was the stupid “Jameis vs the world” shirt he had on and posted it for everyone to see. ?

Actions like this really make you question if he even understands why he was suspended? 

4 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Right maybe it was the stupid “Jameis vs the world” shirt he had on and posted it for everyone to see. ?

Actions like this really make you question if he even understands why he was suspended? 

That was his trainer, if I remember correctly.

There are also pics of Marpet (I think) wearing a similar shirt with his name on it. Must've been something the team did for everyone.

I have put this one this site a few times and I'll probably put it on some more, but Jameis has not had a lot of help since being in Tampa. The run game has been non existent the last 2 years, the o-line. The defense has been softer than Charmin, Ray Finkle-esque kickers, and head scratching coaching. The WR/TE area did improve last year, but Winston clearly had a shoulder injury. He looked a lot better at the end of the year when his shoulder was healing. This current roster is the most talented he has had since he has been here. I honestly expect him to tear it up once he comes back. 

The only thing that scares me about him is his off the field issues. Hopefully he can grow from it. 

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

That was his trainer, if I remember correctly.

There are also pics of Marpet (I think) wearing a similar shirt with his name on it. Must've been something the team did for everyone.

It was a NFLPA sponsored shirt.  It makes sense a trainer would wear the shirt as a visual reminder to train hard for his client.  Don't athletes constantly use motivational tactics to train harder?  Use the underdog card?  No one thinks I m good enough anymore.  I had zero issue with the trainer wearing the shirt the NFLPA created and manufactured.

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I am amazed what topics are considered news worthy today.  Oh well, I actually agree on Stroud s assessment.

He's also not among the big posters we have in each corner. First year since he was drafted.

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's also not among the big posters we have in each corner. First year since he was drafted.

I m amused JBF made a story out of it.  Called it the "Doug Martin treatment". Well, if history repeats itself, Winston is starting in Chicago, like Martin  against New England.  

Archived