Can someone talk me into Kareem Hunt?

pollino14

Hunt still crapped the bed for 1/2 the season.

Chiefs also added another WR threat...Chargers lost one in Henry at TE.

Gordon also caught as many balls as Hunt did...and he was more consistent throughout the whole year compared to Hunt.

You can take Hunt... I’ll take Gordon.

When you draft Kamara it’s with the expectation that he will go off in the receiving game. I think he’s line up for over 85 catches and 850 yards and over 5 TDs receiving this season...his rushing efficiency will probably go down but he could have an immediate 50 point advantage over other first round RBs because of what he will do as a receiver. 

8 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

When you draft Kamara it’s with the expectation that he will go off in the receiving game. I think he’s line up for over 85 catches and 850 yards and over 5 TDs receiving this season...his rushing efficiency will probably go down but he could have an immediate 50 point advantage over other first round RBs because of what he will do as a receiver. 

I'm assuming you're removing the Top-3 from consideration? I dont think the advantage will be that much

On 7/2/2018 at 9:50 AM, AlanFanecaFan said:

Hunt still crapped the bed for 1/2 the season.

Chiefs also added another WR threat...Chargers lost one in Henry at TE.

Gordon also caught as many balls as Hunt did...and he was more consistent throughout the whole year compared to Hunt.

You can take Hunt... I’ll take Gordon.

Both of them had 5 or so games that were underwhelming. While I think Gordon is underrated to a point, his lack of efficiency worries me that it will cost him touches in their attempt to make him more efficient. The Chargers lost Henry but Mike Williams should be back and 100%

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm assuming you're removing the Top-3 from consideration? I dont think the advantage will be that much

I listed the numbers above but I thinks he’s in for much greater. I think he could set records in receiving at the RB position this year. The first half of the season they were doing nothing but dump off passes to him and letting him create. The second half of the season he began running WR routes. Reports out of camp is that spent the offseason putting on 10 pounds of much and putting more time looking at film than Brees and has looked phenomenal in camp running WR routes. The guys insane hardwork and intelligent, and obviously gifted. It’s not going to surprise me if he puts up 100 receptions, over 1000 yards and 8-10 TDs as a receiver this season. The only guy who could compete is DJ in my opinion but he’s coming off an injury, new QB, and now in a contract dispute...I just think there is a little more risk to expect those types of receiving numbers. 

11 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I listed the numbers above but I thinks he’s in for much greater. I think he could set records in receiving at the RB position this year. The first half of the season they were doing nothing but dump off passes to him and letting him create. The second half of the season he began running WR routes. Reports out of camp is that spent the offseason putting on 10 pounds of much and putting more time looking at film than Brees and has looked phenomenal in camp running WR routes. The guys insane hardwork and intelligent, and obviously gifted. It’s not going to surprise me if he puts up 100 receptions, over 1000 yards and 8-10 TDs as a receiver this season. The only guy who could compete is DJ in my opinion but he’s coming off an injury, new QB, and now in a contract dispute...I just think there is a little more risk to expect those types of receiving numbers. 

I would be surprised just because those are some all-time type numbers for a RB but even 85-900-7 is still incredible for a RB

• 2 weeks later...

People tend to devalue RB production in potent passing attacks. Decades of experience show that this is a mistake, but it remains a default position. Strange.

In Hunt's case, there are three things to keep in mind.

1. He has uncanny balance. If there is a way to stay on his feet, he finds it.
  2. The middle part of the season is overused as an evaluation factor. He was a huge surprise at first, but defenses started to adjust and the OL went south. The last third of the season shows that he could also adjust. 
  3. He is a dangerous receiver. He's not Shady McCoy, but the role is similar. 

I understand the reasons for caution. But, don't let caution deprive you of what could easily be a top 5 RB. I would slot him no lower than #10.

J

On 7/13/2018 at 1:59 AM, onejayhawk said:

People tend to devalue RB production in potent passing attacks. Decades of experience show that this is a mistake, but it remains a default position. Strange.

In Hunt's case, there are three things to keep in mind.

1. He has uncanny balance. If there is a way to stay on his feet, he finds it.
  2. The middle part of the season is overused as an evaluation factor. He was a huge surprise at first, but defenses started to adjust and the OL went south. The last third of the season shows that he could also adjust. 
  3. He is a dangerous receiver. He's not Shady McCoy, but the role is similar. 

I understand the reasons for caution. But, don't let caution deprive you of what could easily be a top 5 RB. I would slot him no lower than #10.

J

I agree lower than 10 is too low and thats even with me being skeptical. I am curious about how the QB change affects his value. If Mahomes slides in and its easy Hunt should have alot of places to go but if he starts out slow, dont you think Hunt is slowed as well? Considering Smith had his best season last year, i think teams probably weren't as worried since Smith was throwing it long and well

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree lower than 10 is too low and thats even with me being skeptical. I am curious about how the QB change affects his value. If Mahomes slides in and its easy Hunt should have alot of places to go but if he starts out slow, dont you think Hunt is slowed as well? Considering Smith had his best season last year, i think teams probably weren't as worried since Smith was throwing it long and well

The QB change is really more about a scheme change. Reid has experience with big-armed, mobile QB. Hill and Watson will be pulling CB and S deep. It's organic to the offensive philosophy. I reference LeSean McCoy in his early years. Hunt's pass blocking is substandard (typical for a young RB) but his ability to create in space is excellent. Look for a lot of outlet passes in his direction, and also the occasional draw play.

I would consider KH a safe #10 pick with upside. At #8 you are paying full value, but still with upside. 

J

26 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

The QB change is really more about a scheme change. Reid has experience with big-armed, mobile QB. Hill and Watson will be pulling CB and S deep. It's organic to the offensive philosophy. I reference LeSean McCoy in his early years. Hunt's pass blocking is substandard (typical for a young RB) but his ability to create in space is excellent. Look for a lot of outlet passes in his direction, and also the occasional draw play.

I would consider KH a safe #10 pick with upside. At #8 you are paying full value, but still with upside. 

J

I have him in my Top-9, basically the 9 people i'd be okay with drafting in round 1 so i'd prefer a pick in 1-9 range. I just feel like 5 is no mans land so id rather pick later than roll the dice on him at 5 or 6

Archived