Bell contract 2018

3rivers

All choices you make as an organization are remembered by players and agents to come. I don’t think the Steelers are nearly as mad at Bell as fans. I’m not trying to change anything as an organization unless he doesn’t report by Tuesday. 

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

All choices you make as an organization are remembered by players and agents to come. I don’t think the Steelers are nearly as mad at Bell as fans. I’m not trying to change anything as an organization unless he doesn’t report by Tuesday. 

Yeah, that will have a big affect on all the big FAs we sign. I get what you're saying. There isn't any room for spitefulness in professionalism. But lets not kid ourselves. Doing this (which I don't agree with necessarily) isn't going to greatly impact any low-end/middle class FAs we may sign. 

5 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Yeah, that will have a big affect on all the big FAs we sign. I get what you're saying. There isn't any room for spitefulness in professionalism. But lets not kid ourselves. Doing this (which I don't agree with necessarily) isn't going to greatly impact any low-end/middle class FAs we may sign. 

Not worried about FA signings — they are getting their money when they sign. But I bet they plan on using the franchise tag again. Guys might remember. 

I’m not saying it’s certain this effects the future, but this has always been a class organization - and that’s a huge selling point. They have agreed to pay Bell. They accept the fact he showed up last year in the first week. Until we get past that point....I wouldn’t operate in spite. It can only harm your future. Them saving a few bucks does nothing but piss off a guy you have big plans for this year. 

41 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I get what youre saying but Bell has done this crap for the last couple seasons. I would love nothing better than to see him NOT get the money in FA he thinks he is worth.

Completely agree.   I hope the RB market dries up for him.  SO sick of his antics.  

5 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

What do you think he's worth trading for?   I'd trade him for SF's 2019 1st Rd pick.

1st round pick or 2nd, 5th and player (im just thinking outloud) 

SF is legitimately a team Bell could end up on as an FA. If this team could get something from them there is 0 reason to not pull the trigger.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

1st round pick or 2nd, 5th and player (im just thinking outloud) 

SF is legitimately a team Bell could end up on as an FA. If this team could get something from them there is 0 reason to not pull the trigger.

Funny, SF was the team I used when I did my April Fool's Day trade for Bell.  

Archived