LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

2 minutes ago, l3lind golfer said:

lol how?  cavs won the nba finals that year.  doesn't make sense.

In the prior two seasons before Kevin Durant, the Warriors averaged 70 wins, won a championship, and in their only season they didn't win a championship they took the Cavaliers to 7 games.  In that same period, the Cavaliers averaged 55 wins, won a championship, and in their season in which they didn't win a championship they lost in 6 games.  The Warriors were up 3-1 going into Game 5.  The better team doesn't always win the NBA Finals.  Warriors >>> Cavaliers and not even close.

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

In the prior two seasons before Kevin Durant, the Warriors averaged 70 wins, won a championship, and in their only season they didn't win a championship they took the Cavaliers to 7 games.  In that same period, the Cavaliers averaged 55 wins, won a championship, and in their season in which they didn't win a championship they lost in 6 games.  The Warriors were up 3-1 going into Game 5.  The better team doesn't always win the NBA Finals.  Warriors >>> Cavaliers and not even close.

what happened prior two years doesn't matter.  i specifically said the warriors were not the best team the year before durant joined them.  i don't care about regular season wins what the hell does that even mean?  nobody gives out championships for winning regular season games.

before durant joined the warriors they lost in the nba finals.  that's a fact.  and dude, this isn't the nfl where a superstar or whatever could have a fluke bad game or some random joe has an amazing game.  the cavaliers beat the warriors four times.... four.  that means they were the best team.  end of story.

you can sit here and talk about 73 wins all you want, but the cavs were the champions that year and that is fact.  durant joined the team that lost in the championship game and made them the actual best team in the league.

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The regular season record means nothing because Lebron doesn't care about that. We did lose in 6 the year before, without love and kyrie. LOFL at not even close. I can't TOTALLY argue that GS was probably a better team but it's damn close. 

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

Difference between the heat and Warriors. GSW’s owner seems to pay whatever money is needed to keep the team as best as possible. Arson wasn’t willing to pay what it takes to keep every player possible. 

Durant didn’t do it better. Bron built a team to take down the best team in the conference. Durant just joined the best team in the conference. Durant just did it easy way. 

Him going to the best team in the conference as opposed to going to the 5th or 6th seed is definitely him doing it better. Same concept, different process 

1 hour ago, l3lind golfer said:

bro why do people keep saying kevin durant joined the best team in the league.  THE WARRIORS WERE NOT THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE WHEN DURANT JOINED THEM.  

please just stop trying to bring durant down with nonsense.  lebron is 3-6 in the finals.  been swept twice and 4-1'd twice.  lets talk about that.

I have no issue with KDs move, but there is no argument that he didn’t join the best team in the league. Are people actually saying the Cavs were than the Warriors in 2016? Loooool. In 2015, it was pretty close but I’d still say the Warriors. In 2016, yeah don’t care that the Cavs won they were not better in the slightest. They were probably the 4th best team in the league that year. 

56 minutes ago, l3lind golfer said:

what happened prior two years doesn't matter.  i specifically said the warriors were not the best team the year before durant joined them.  i don't care about regular season wins what the hell does that even mean?  nobody gives out championships for winning regular season games.

before durant joined the warriors they lost in the nba finals.  that's a fact.  and dude, this isn't the nfl where a superstar or whatever could have a fluke bad game or some random joe has an amazing game.  the cavaliers beat the warriors four times.... four.  that means they were the best team.  end of story.

you can sit here and talk about 73 wins all you want, but the cavs were the champions that year and that is fact.  durant joined the team that lost in the championship game and made them the actual best team in the league.

If you're going to use a 7 game series to "justify" your argument, I'd suggest you go talk about sample sizes.  It's amazing that when the Warriors lost their primary rim protector (i.e. Andrew Bogut) to injury, the Cavaliers managed to upset the Warriors.  Don't think for a second that the championship somehow validates the opinion that the Cavaliers were the "better" team.  Does anyone truly believe the '04 Pistons were more talented than the '04 Lakers?  The '10 Mavericks weren't better than the '10 Heat.

1 hour ago, l3lind golfer said:

ok, KD joined a team that was one shot away from winning back to back titles instead of 'the best team in the league'. That classification really demeans those GS teams imo.

Lebron joined a team and players, none of which had won a playoff series in 5 years. Just a tiny bit different. And people blasted him for that. 

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you're going to use a 7 game series to "justify" your argument, I'd suggest you go talk about sample sizes.  It's amazing that when the Warriors lost their primary rim protector (i.e. Andrew Bogut) to injury, the Cavaliers managed to upset the Warriors.  Don't think for a second that the championship somehow validates the opinion that the Cavaliers were the "better" team.  Does anyone truly believe the '04 Pistons were more talented than the '04 Lakers?  The '10 Mavericks weren't better than the '10 Heat.

yes, i'm going to use a 7 game series in the nba finals to justify my argument.  73 wins is regular season... you know the same regular season where 85% of the teams in the league aren't very good.  in the nba, the better team wins a series most of the time.  the cavaliers beat the warriors because they were the better team.  and LOL at the Andrew Bogus comment.  A team that is the best team in the league got hampered because they lost andrew bogut?  lol okay.

and yes, the 04 pistons were easily a better team than the lakers that year.  it's not even close.  the 11 mavericks were aided by their best player and epic choker jebron lames.  like, lebron threw that series that's how dallas won.  

22 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

ok, KD joined a team that was one shot away from winning back to back titles instead of 'the best team in the league'. That classification really demeans those GS teams imo.

Lebron joined a team and players, none of which had won a playoff series in 5 years. Just a tiny bit different. And people blasted him for that. 

bottom line, they didn't win back to back.  they lost the year he went there.  i'm stating facts, you're stating opinions that the warriors were the best team that year.  they didn't win.  

54 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

In 2016, yeah don’t care that the Cavs won

exactly.  you're ignoring actual facts and inserting your opinion on who the best team was.  the cavaliers won the championship dude, what do you mean you don't care lmao... it happened.

41 minutes ago, l3lind golfer said:

exactly.  you're ignoring actual facts and inserting your opinion on who the best team was.  the cavaliers won the championship dude, what do you mean you don't care lmao... it happened.

The facts are that they won. That’s it. They won a championship due to a number of favourable factors not because they were a better team. The Warriors were the best team that year and they did not win.

3 hours ago, 49er pride said:

Cavs won but let's not forget bogut was hurt and Draymond was suspended. 

If you pull that card than the ‘15 titles gets an easy * next to it with Love and Irving being hurt for that series  

2 hours ago, l3lind golfer said:

yes, i'm going to use a 7 game series in the nba finals to justify my argument.  73 wins is regular season... you know the same regular season where 85% of the teams in the league aren't very good.  in the nba, the better team wins a series most of the time.  the cavaliers beat the warriors because they were the better team.  and LOL at the Andrew Bogus comment.  A team that is the best team in the league got hampered because they lost andrew bogut?  lol okay.

and yes, the 04 pistons were easily a better team than the lakers that year.  it's not even close.  the 11 mavericks were aided by their best player and epic choker jebron lames.  like, lebron threw that series that's how dallas won.  

I'm used to you making comments with the shock and awe, hoping to elicit a response so I'm hoping this is the case.  The Warriors were up 3-1 in that series going into Game 5 with their average margin of victory being 20 points.  The Cavaliers average margin of victory in the Finals were 16 points.  As it's been discussed, the Warriors were without Draymond Green because of suspension and Andrew Bogut was lost for the rest of the playoffs because of injury.  LeBron went all super human to force a Game 7, which the Cavaliers won.  They weren't the best team in that series.

Archived