Official 2017 Training Camp thread - Week 1

titans0021

We can use this thread to talk about the minor details leading up to camp. If we want to discuss any specific positional battles, we can start new threads for them. We're going to try something new this year, with separate threads for each day of camp. With the ability to embed tweets and videos, each day should gather some level of discussion, and rather than losing each days in the midst of a large thread, we can hit on the smaller details of every day. And obviously we'll have separate GDT for the preseason games.

Figured I'd bump this with a change from year's past. We're going to go with a thread a day throughout camp. With the ability to embed tweets, gifs and videos, I figure there'll be enough to talk about on a day-to-day basis to keep things active and to make it easier to search out specific gifs or tweets throughout camp without having to sift through a 100 pages.

That color rush game was so much fun. I think it's the only time I've seen a Titans regular season win and it was just so dominant. Made even better by the fact that I was sitting next to the most pessimistic fan ever. Legit was complaining about every 3 yard run. Because if I'm calling a Titans fan overly pessimistic, you know damn well that he is insanely negative.

You guys have short memories, we dominated the Tampa game in 2015, so that's gotta count for something, right!?!?

Also I know it's not quite the same in regard to final score, but I felt like our game vs the Dolphins last year was never in doubt despite the fact that it was a pretty close game score wise for the most part. One of those games where it just never felt like the Dolphins were any real threat.

But yes, that game vs the Jags was nice. You mention the Packer game too, King, but I wasn't as comfortable during it, just for the sole fact with Aaron Rodgers QBing the other team I never feel safe with any kind of lead.

16 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

You guys have short memories, we dominated the Tampa game in 2015, so that's gotta count for something, right!?!?

Also I know it's not quite the same in regard to final score, but I felt like our game vs the Dolphins last year was never in doubt despite the fact that it was a pretty close game score wise for the most part. One of those games where it just never felt like the Dolphins were any real threat.

But yes, that game vs the Jags was nice. You mention the Packer game too, King, but I wasn't as comfortable during it, just for the sole fact with Aaron Rodgers QBing the other team I never feel safe with any kind of lead.

I was at the Jags game, which just made it a whole different experience.

The Tampa game was amazing just because of everything that went into the Mariota v. Winston story.

Last year was the first time since 08 I truly enjoyed being a Titans fan. The Jags game, the Dolphins game and the Packers game were just dominant performances. Been so long since football got me as fired up as it did at the end of the Chiefs and Broncos games.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

sheesh

Man, that sucks. Back surgery before taking a single NFL snap is such a brutal start. I wonder if there was a hint of back trouble when we were doing our medicals. If it was close between Davis and Williams, that could definitely have had an impact.

I don't have any sympathy for people whose biggest month of their career is coming up in about a week going out and partying in an environment that brings nothing good. It's not illegal to go out, get **** faced drunk and have pictures posted all over social media of it, but if you work for a respected company and you're a known employ, that's not going to reflect well on you and your boss probably isn't going to take it too fondly. I'm not saying football players have to shut their lives down, but when is the last time you heard good news from a night club? Night clubs attract less than nice human beings, he's a well known person in Arkansas(Arkansas is a college football town and he was one of their best offensive linemen, where the offensive line probably got more publicity than any other position on the team, so he's certainly a known face there), and even if he had nothing to do with the shooting itself and just happened to be a bystander that got hit with a ricochet, him getting shot just proves my point as to there's no sense in him being at a night club.

The guy has a chance to be set for the rest of his life if he dedicates himself to the game, and instead he's beating up people in bars and going to night clubs right before training camp. And I find it hard to believe anything that comes from Tretola or Sharpe about the guy they beat up. Did you see the picture of him? They messed him up pretty badly. And it's hard for a 6'4 313 pound man along with a 6'2 200 pound man, both professional athletes, to claim that they were scared of him and acting in self defense, and the pics of the guy's face where it looks like he went a round with Mike Tyson are evidence to that.

The guy is trying to make the football team and is doing stuff like this. It just doesn't speak well on his intelligence, and I have no tolerance for idiots. I would never make it as a football coach. I couldn't deal with all the domestic violence, duis, beating up random people in bars for no reason, going to night clubs especially a week before training camp..that **** just irks me.

And with everything that Robinson and Mularkey have shown us, I'd pretty well bet it irks them too.

13 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm not saying football players have to shut their lives down, but when is the last time you heard good news from a night club?

I mean, it's kind of what you're saying though. Thus far, the biggest negative we can pin on him for this incident is that he was at a night club. And we're calling for his head. We have no idea if he did anything wrong. We have no idea if he was the target of the shooter. We don't even know if the shooter had a target or if he was just some piece of garbage with a gun.

And I think you're kind of overstating just how much attention an offensive lineman gets in Arkansas. He may have been recognized, but that's probably just because he's a 6'4 320 pound Samoan guy in Fayetteville and the easiest assumption to make is that he's probably a football player. I know Fayetteville is obviously a college town, but there's no way your average student recognizes a starting offensive lineman that's a year and a half removed from being on the team without his helmet or jersey on.

I certainly agree that there are better places for him to be on a Saturday night than at a club in a college town. But if that's the bar we're setting for whether a player cares about their team, or their job, or their future, we're going to be releasing a whole lot of talented football players.

And for all that I've heard, at no point has Tretola even been accused of throwing a punch in the Sharpe incident. He was there. In the worst-case, believing the guy who got beat up and is suing for $500,000, he served as a lookout as Tajae did the actual beating. Which yeah, not great. But if we're taking that as fact, thus far Sharpe has done far worse things than Tretola has in either incident.

I just don't understand the rush to condemn a guy that has, thus far to the best of my knowledge, been charged with zero crimes. Not even not been found guilty of a crime, but not even had charges pressed against him.

If that's all it takes to cost a football player his career. I'm going to quickly make my way down to Indy, pick a fight in a bar and file a civil suit against Andrew Luck.

7 hours ago, titans0021 said:

And dammit, just as I had moved the Tretola posts into the Tretola thread.

When I created that topic there was no official report Titans. I might have jumped the gun a little bit when creating that thread :)

Archived