TCMD - Forum Wide GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is false.  There are a lot of team forums that have a ton of participation.  The Redskins war room in the last TCMD had more than 10 active members voting on picks.

edit - btw by "last one" I mean the year before.  Because we boycotted this year's TCMD because you had too many draconian rules that ruined the fun of the mock. 

That statement referred to the mock draft as a whole not individual war rooms.  If ffmd was rolling along we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Draconian rules...Little extreme don't you think?  The rule from my memory had always been in place.  No tag and trade.  

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

That statement referred to the mock draft as a whole not individual war rooms.

Then why mess with the ones that are working?  Let each team decide how to run their war room.  

If ffmd was rolling along we wouldn't be having this conversation.

This isn't FFMD.

Draconian rules...Little extreme don't you think? 

The rules you're putting in place force people to act a certain way instead of doing what is fun.  It is going to hurt participation.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

The rule from my memory had always been in place. 

Your rule, which is silly.  No tag and trade is not a rule in real life.  Seems weird to have a rule like that when your mock's goal is to be as realistic as possible.  

I feel the way the actual decisions are made will be different for every team and this is more of a concept for how you could run it. Just like in real life different GM's will have different ways of running the team/draft. If your GM wants to be dictator and make every decisions while ignoring the other he will do that. Forcing a certain structure wouldn't work as well i feel but giving potential structures a GM could use where he gets to choose how he wants to run it in the end.

21 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I feel the way the actual decisions are made will be different for every team and this is more of a concept for how you could run it. Just like in real life different GM's will have different ways of running the team/draft. If your GM wants to be dictator and make every decisions while ignoring the other he will do that. Forcing a certain structure wouldn't work as well i feel but giving potential structures a GM could use where he gets to choose how he wants to run it in the end.

He's suggesting all GMs have to follow that format.

45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Then why mess with the ones that are working?  Let each team decide how to run their war room.

I'm open to that.  I just know that some GM's are turned off at the idea of voting on everything.  I think we could find a handful of GM's willing to give it a try to get a better understanding of how and if it would work.

49 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Your rule, which is silly.  No tag and trade is not a rule in real life.  Seems weird to have a rule like that when your mock's goal is to be as realistic as possible.  

I don't care to debate this as we've done so already but the CBA has guidelines called Good Faith Negotiation.  My understanding of that rule is why we don't see players that are tagged or tendered and traded immediately after.  It's bad business when the teams have zero loyalty to their players.  It's also very unrealistic, I can't recall the last team to do this outside the scope of team's using the tender offer sheet in which they decline to match the offer.

Whether you think it's silly or not, it's not a rule I would change as every team in the league would be using the tag to their advantage in an attempt to collect more draft picks.   

I try really hard to create guidelines that enhance the realism of the mock draft and this is one of them.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Well I agree with you.  Each team should be allowed to structure how they decide on picks, free agents, etc. 

Like i think having a structure where every member takes a role is good. How that role gets filled and what exactly every role entails should be decided by the GM in the end and it is good to have a format as a base for the GM to work off. I feel the only thing that should be forced on them is that they get people involved in the decision making but how he ends up doing that(by giving them a certain pick or let them bring up a few names where he chooses from or where everyone that plays a role gets to vote. There is so many different paths you can go with this as a GM and it is good to have an idea on how you could run your war room and decisionmaking process.

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

It's also very unrealistic, I can't recall the last team to do this outside the scope of team's using the tender offer sheet in which they decline to match the offer.

WR Jarvis Landry was tagged by the Dolphins this offseason and traded to the Browns.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

WR Jarvis Landry was tagged by the Dolphins this offseason and traded to the Browns.

Was this done before or after the offer sheets that require 2 first rounders?

I'd be open to allowing teams to trade tagged players after the deadline for teams to submit tendered offer sheets.  

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

Appreciate the feedback.

Giving members a couple options on how to manage their war room makes sense to me.  Some forums like Philly and Skins may want to use a voting system, where forums divided in opinions like the Giants may prefer not voting on every action.

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Was this done before or after the offer sheets that require 2 first rounders?

I'd be open to allowing teams to trade tagged players after the deadline for teams to submit tendered offer sheets.  

Landry had signed his non-exclusive franchise tag and the trade was announced March 9.

Part of the voting on picks IMO is the limited ability to set up a multi user message system.  If it was allowed to have the GM set up a closed thread or DM to multiple users that could have discussion and voting done without other team GM's popping in to see the specifics of the discussion.  

Archived