Official Training Camp 2018 Thread

6 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Good to know. I reacted hastily. Hopefully we see something out of the young guys and they make the right decision when Rogers comes back. 

I’m still confused why you sign a guy that wasn’t healthy and wasn’t a roster lock. They had to have just considered him an insurance policy and have him get healthy with their training staff.......or they were very wrong about his timeline. 

I’m guessing they just wanted to ensure the rights to a player they were super comfortable with just in case the worst happens. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

This stinks of sarcasm. 

Actually, it wasnt, lol.

Admittedly, I only watched game 3 in its entirety.   I'm working 2nd trick right now and only caught parts of games 1, 2 and 4.   When I did, Hunter looked pretty good and made a few nice catches.   Did I miss several drops and bad routes?  

15 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Actually, it wasnt, lol.

Admittedly, I only watched game 3 in its entirety.   I'm working 2nd trick right now and only caught parts of games 1, 2 and 4.   When I did, Hunter looked pretty good and made a few nice catches.   Did I miss several drops and bad routes?  

No, I thought you were referencing Hunter's annual greatness in the Off-Season/OTAs/Pre-Season that never seems to turn into production during the Regular Season. 

12 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

No, I thought you were referencing Hunter's annual greatness in the Off-Season/OTAs/Pre-Season that never seems to turn into production during the Regular Season. 

In fairness, he doesnt get nearly as many opportunities in the regular season.    With Bryant gone, I thought he might get some more looks this year.

Id rather have him than DHB.  

I’m not a fan of his, but I would be very surprised if Hunter is actually cut. I think he is on this roster, and I think you would have to go through Ben to cut him. 

His ceiling of potential is higher than everyone on the roster- minus AB. While I don’t believe you can change a tigers stripes after being in the NFL this long...His differences and big play potential can get a spot on the roster.

He is 6’4 and runs a 4.4 in a team full of 6’1 and unders who run 4.5+. He is a different threat than anything else we have on the roster. He is infuriating and inconsistenct, but neither Sammy Coates or Martavius Bryant were actually good receivers either. He can fill a void - and a void that ben LOVES.

My problem is he will most likely be inactive too much, so what’s the point? 

Archived