Official Training Camp 2018 Thread

55 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

Man I think if I’m Colbert I have to keep Dobbs and Rudolph.  I think they have more upside than Jones with one year left on his contract.  

but if you are colbert, you also have made other questionable decisions which this could be added to :| Dobbs should stay, obvious to me.  Adeniyi better make the team, if not, then  thomas as well. Just almost got the TD as I typed:o

If Thomas doesn't make this roster; I'm fighting someone.

This dude looks like he may have been another gem this franchise has discovered at LB. Not to mention he looks like someone that could be in sub packages as well. Sure looks to me like he has a boatload of potential.

1 hour ago, steelcurtain29 said:

If Thomas doesn't make this roster; I'm fighting someone.

This dude looks like he may have been another gem this franchise has discovered at LB. Not to mention he looks like someone that could be in sub packages as well. Sure looks to me like he has a boatload of potential.

looked like timmons on that return when timmons ran out of gas vs the pats in 08.  

Should make the roster (if I was to decide):

Adeniyi

Thomas

Dobbs

Farewell to these players, thanks for your time and best of luck:

L.Jones

Chickillo

Berry

perhaps Matakevich (Thomas) 

Thomas would be the ILB but possibly OLB at times. The dual purpose  LB that saves a roster spot for someone else. 

I can't see Thomas playing OLB. He's definitely too small in that regard. He'd work out at ILB for sure. 

Adeniyi looks like another gem. Definitely needs to get a little bigger, but that dude works his *** off every play. He just finds ways to make plays no matter what.

Our LB situation went from being in shambles, to surprisingly having some potential.

10 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

I can't see Thomas playing OLB. He's definitely too small in that regard. He'd work out at ILB for sure. 

Adeniyi looks like another gem. Definitely needs to get a little bigger, but that dude works his *** off every play. He just finds ways to make plays no matter what.

Our LB situation went from being in shambles, to surprisingly having some potential.

I dont think Adeniyi makes the roster. I think Adams does and Chickillo over Adeniyi.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I dont think Adeniyi makes the roster. I think Adams does and Chickillo over Adeniyi.

He'll be on the PS at the very least. He looks like he could be a fine EDGE and we could definitely use it. They definitely need to think about both he and Thomas making it. 

Rogers is going to be on the pup - he won’t count against the 53. You can carry him as an insurance clause until you have to make a decision later. No need to cut...yet. 

Matakevic, Forte, and Chick cannot all make this roster together. I usually argue for depth guys that play specials teams, but this year we have a bunch of guys that can do it - unlike last year when we had Harrison, Gay, Sensebaugh, Hunter, and Rogers who were all backups who didn’t play ST. There are too many guys that, seemingly, have positional potential that none of those three have. 1 or 2 of them will make the roster for purposes of special teams, but they can’t all three take spots....I’ll go ballistic (internally). 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Rogers is going to be on the pup - he won’t count against the 53. You can carry him as an insurance clause until you have to make a decision later. No need to cut...yet. 

Matakevic, Forte, and Chick cannot all make this roster together. I usually argue for depth guys that play specials teams, but this year we have a bunch of guys that can do it - unlike last year when we had Harrison, Gay, Sensebaugh, Hunter, and Rogers who were all backups who didn’t play ST. There are too many guys that, seemingly, have positional potential that none of those three have. 1 or 2 of them will make the roster for purposes of special teams, but they can’t all three take spots....I’ll go ballistic (internally). 

Good to know. I reacted hastily. Hopefully we see something out of the young guys and they make the right decision when Rogers comes back. 

Archived