Is Russell Wilson on a HOF pace?

TecmoSuperJoe

Tom Brady is THE GOAT, let's compare his first seven seasons to Russell Wilson.

Brady sat on a bench, Wilson started in day one.

TB best comp% for any season, 63.9, RW............68.1

Most yards for a season 4, 119, RW..............4, 219

Most TD's in any season...28, RW twice had 34 and maybe three with this season.

Brady had six seasins with 10 or more INT;s, RW....three.

When it comes to passer rating it gets ugly, Brady's best....92.6, RW's worst....92.6. four times a 100 or more.

How about rushing....hahahaha~~~

Wilson started every game, he won more, he had the superior stats.

Give me the name of any QB and let's see how RW stacks up, he just took down....THE GOAT

How about Marino?

Marino threw the hell out of the ball,  yes more yards, TD's and INT's, but less starts, less wins, inferior comp% (dramatically) and by far an inferior passer rating. Rushing.....hahaha!!!

Down goes Marino.

Next??

1 hour ago, ZenoRazon said:

Tom Brady is THE GOAT, let's compare his first seven seasons to Russell Wilson.

Brady sat on a bench, Wilson started in day one.

TB best comp% for any season, 63.9, RW............68.1

Most yards for a season 4, 119, RW..............4, 219

Most TD's in any season...28, RW twice had 34 and maybe three with this season.

Brady had six seasins with 10 or more INT;s, RW....three.

When it comes to passer rating it gets ugly, Brady's best....92.6, RW's worst....92.6. four times a 100 or more.

How about rushing....hahahaha~~~

Wilson started every game, he won more, he had the superior stats.

Give me the name of any QB and let's see how RW stacks up, he just took down....THE GOAT

How about Marino?

Marino threw the hell out of the ball,  yes more yards, TD's and INT's, but less starts, less wins, inferior comp% (dramatically) and by far an inferior passer rating. Rushing.....hahaha!!!

Down goes Marino.

Next??

You do understand that you can't just blindly compare stats across different eras?

11 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

You do understand that you can't just blindly compare stats across different eras?

You do understand the athletes these QB's face today are far superior to what the old timers faced.

Wilson never missed a game, won more games than anyone in history.  He owns a multitude of NFL records, has won a SB, has led the NFL TD/Passer rating, is by far a better athlete than any of the old legends. He has done things never seen before. And.......he's never had that GREAT WR.

We can only play this.....different era....thing so far. Hell, put Wilson back there with Otto, Joe, Marino, can you imagine what he could do?

1 minute ago, ZenoRazon said:

You do understand the athletes these QB's face today are far superior to what the old timers faced.

Wilson never missed a game, won more games than anyone in history.  He owns a multitude of NFL records, has won a SB, has led the NFL TD/Passer rating, is by far a better athlete than any of the old legends. He has done things never seen before. And.......he's never has that GREAT WR.

Ok, so you don't understand.

6 minutes ago, ZenoRazon said:

Wilson never missed a game, won more games than anyone in history.  He owns a multitude of NFL records, has won a SB, has led the NFL TD/Passer rating, is by far a better athlete than any of the old legends. He has done things never seen before. And.......he's never had that GREAT WR.

We can only play this.....different era....thing so far. Hell, put Wilson back there with Otto, Joe, Marino, can you imagine what he could do?

Due to the rule changes, passing efficiency has been on a steady rise since 2004. It is dumb to compare stats across a different era. I mean just comparing numbers from 2018 to 2009 is a bit of a stretch. You have to adjust the numbers to their respective era. When you do that Wilson is no where near guys like Marino and Montana. 

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Ok, so you don't understand.

Everybody understands guy, ok?  That doesn't change anything, just watch these guys play, there it is staring ya in the face.  Russell Wilson simply on another level and only a blind man couldn't see it.

Just now, ZenoRazon said:

Everybody understands guy, ok?  That doesn't change anything, just watch these guys play, there it is staring ya in the face.  Russell Wilson simply on another level and only a blind man couldn't see it.

I don't see a guy "on another level".  I see a guy that is probably on a HoF pace, but not a guy that's on a GOAT pace.  I don't see how anyone could think that, without blindly comparing stats that shouldn't be compared.

2 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Due to the rule changes, passing efficiency has been on a steady rise since 2004. It is dumb to compare stats across a different era. I mean just comparing numbers from 2018 to 2009 is a bit of a stretch. You have to adjust the numbers to their respective era. When you do that Wilson is no where near guys like Marino and Montana. 

Seen them all play many times and I am a Niner fan, if we put Wilson back there he shines, if we put Montana/Marino in today, think Eli Manning, yep...overwelmed.

Go ahead adjust those numbers, love to see the results.

11 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I don't see a guy "on another level".  I see a guy that is probably on a HoF pace, but not a guy that's on a GOAT pace.  I don't see how anyone could think that, without blindly comparing stats that shouldn't be compared.

Saw Montana at ND and Marino at Pitt, saw their entire NFL career, neither on the level with Russell Wilson.  I don't ignore how much better defenses are today than back then. And.....Montana had Jerry Rice, Dwight Clark, Marino had Duper and Clayton.

Youtube  career highlights for Wilson and everybody else, there it is .

Seen them all play many times and I am a Niner fan, if we put Wilson back there he shines, if we put Montana/Marino in today, think Eli Manning, yep...overwelmed.

Go ahead adjust those numbers, love to see the results.

Just take league average passer rating. 

For example, Wilson's best season is 2015. He had QB rating of 110.1,  the league average was 90.2. This is still really good. However, comparing it to Marino's best season (1984). His QB rating was 108.9, lower then Wilson's. However, league average was 76.1. That is a huge discrepancy. Now Montana's best season was 1989, his QB rating was 112.4. The league average was 75.6. 

It gets even worse when you look at things like ANY/A. Wilson's was 7.73 in 2015, which is still really good. But the league average was 6.3. In 1984, the league average was 5.0 and Marino lead the league at 8.94, that is a massive gap. Montana in 1989 had an ANY/A of 8.3 and the league average was 5.2. Again another big gap. 

This is why you always have to look at these numbers in context. I mean Montana's career passer rating is lower then Kirk Cousin's. Would anyone in their right mind think Kirk Cousins is better then Joe Montana?

7 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Russ also had the number 1 scoring defense 4 years in a row.  Their worst ranking was last year at 13th, and the Seahawks missed the playoffs.  

So yank Bart Starr out of the HOF because he played with nine HOFers?  Pull Bradshaw out because he played with 8 HOFers?  Where is Johnny U without HOFers Lenny Moore, John Mackey and Ray Berry?  Hell, without Kellen Winslow, Charlie Joiner and John Jefferson where is Dan Fouts?

Don't get carried away with that kind of thing.  Just watch the guy play, he's obviously great.

14 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Just take league average passer rating. 

For example, Wilson's best season is 2015. He had QB rating of 110.1,  the league average was 90.2. This is still really good. However, comparing it to Marino's best season (1984). His QB rating was 108.9, lower then Wilson's. However, league average was 76.1. That is a huge discrepancy. Now Montana's best season was 1989, his QB rating was 112.4. The league average was 75.6. 

It gets even worse when you look at things like ANY/A. Wilson's was 7.73 in 2015, which is still really good. But the league average was 6.3. In 1984, the league average was 5.0 and Marino lead the league at 8.94, that is a massive gap. Montana in 1989 had an ANY/A of 8.3 and the league average was 5.2. Again another big gap. 

This is why you always have to look at these numbers in context. I mean Montana's career passer rating is lower then Kirk Cousin's. Would anyone in their right mind think Kirk Cousins is better then Joe Montana?

Now what was the league average in the 40 for defensive linemen and linebackers back then? Why ignore the level of athlete Wilson faced?

Imagine what he would do back then?

Like I said seen them all play many times,  Russell Wilson could rule back then, that can't be said about Montana and Marino.

HUGE.....Montana fan by the way.

Seen a lot of football,  I have never been more impressed with any young QB like I've been with Russell Wilson.  AND....I;m a Niner fan and saw Y.A.Title throwing ALLEY OOP passes to R,C.Owens.(once blocked a FG standing under the crossbar).

Now what was the league average in the 40 for defensive linemen and linebackers back then? Why ignore the level of athlete Wilson faced?

Imagine what he would do back then?

Like I said seen them all play many times,  Russell Wilson could rule back then, that can't be said about Montana and Marino.

HUGE.....Montana fan by the way.

Who gives a crap? The athletes being better doesn't offset the fact that this is the easiest era for the passing game. 

And lol at the notion Marino couldn't play today. We already have a B-level Marino in Philip Rivers and he may go to the HOF when it is all said and done. Marino would likely own every major passing record if he played today. 

Archived