Ravens interested in signing free agent CB Bashaud Breeland

DreamKid

That makes very little sense to me. As I can see it, we have Jimmy Smith, Brandon Carr, Marlon Humphrey and Tavon Young which could be one of the best 4 cornerbacks groups in the entire league. Beyond that, Maurice Canady is proven inside and outside and have special teams value and safety versatility, Anthony Averett looks promising and Darious Williams could surprise many. Thats 6 players I could see as very certain of making the roster, while we have some added depth from younger talented players.

Breeland would only make sense to me, if we traded either Jimmy Smith or Brandon Carr.

15 minutes ago, Danand said:

Breeland would only make sense to me, if we traded either Jimmy Smith or Brandon Carr.

It'd be a good piece of business if we could sign Breeland for the same amount (or less) than Carr is on and then trade Carr for a pick.  Even then it doesn't make all that much sense to given all the strong young options we have at CB

I know he played well out of the slot, so maybe they like him as a FS that can come down and cover or something? :|

If we're in the FS market though, I'd prefer the team to target Earl Thomas. He wants out of Seattle, so why not come here? 

Then we could kick Weddle back over and have Jefferson come down as a Will. Or better yet we could trade Jefferson for Thomas. They get a replacement for Kam Chancellor, and we get a real FS.

4 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

He's getting paid because of his talent/resume at cornerback. That's the important part.

What's weird is even if we got him, and traded Brandon Carr. He still would struggle to see the field. Unless we're all missing something big here, I don't see why he'd want to even come here. 

4 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

What's weird is even if we got him, and traded Brandon Carr. He still would struggle to see the field. Unless we're all missing something big here, I don't see why he'd want to even come here. 

Well he is a free agent, it might be better for him to show something in a training camp rather than having his agent making phonecalls.

2 hours ago, Danand said:

That makes very little sense to me. As I can see it, we have Jimmy Smith, Brandon Carr, Marlon Humphrey and Tavon Young which could be one of the best 4 cornerbacks groups in the entire league. Beyond that, Maurice Canady is proven inside and outside and have special teams value and safety versatility, Anthony Averett looks promising and Darious Williams could surprise many.

23 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Agreed with this. Plus, Carr offers durability and reliability that hardly any other CB in the league offers. There's absolutely no reason to bring in Breeland unless they're grooming him as a FS when Weddle retires.

Archived