Titans sign S Steven Terrell

ttitansfan4life

It will suck really bad for Cruikshank if he is out for the year. Tough break for a rookie in the first preseason game. Don't know much about Terrell to be honest.

The safety injuries have been ridiculous so far this year for the Titans and injuries in general are piling up. Hope the injured can get healthy and stay healthy to contribute this season.

This signing is for a guy competing for the 4th S spot.  While I argued that Reid could conceivably be brought in in addition to Vaccaro, it was as a SS.  Regardless of what the depth chart said, Cruikshank was Byard's backup... If Cruikshank will be missing time, we need a FS... and I want neither Vaccaro nor Lewis at that spot.  Terrell, while not an ideal candidate for heavy snaps... is a true FS... and probably better suited for that deep S role than Reid, Vaccaro, or Lewis would be. 

Are we really comparing the loss of Cruikshank to an addition like Reid?

Reid might not want to be a 3rd or 4th Safety for one. Two he wants more money I’d imagine than Vaccaro or Terrell. 

Say what you want about PK that he’s angry and belittles people or negative or how ever he comes off to you guys but I believe him when he says that’s Vrabel and his staff agreed that Cruikshank just wasn’t going to be ready to be a factor for us this year. 

We only had 4 picks in the draft and 1 of them will never suit up on gameday unless injuries happen an even then it might be a long shot so we were really down to only 3 draft picks having a chance to come in and contribute this year so that’s why I think some of yous are on the Cruikshank bandwagon for this year. 

If Byard Vaccaro and Lewis are all healthy Cruikshank wasn’t going to see much Safety time. His role on Special Teams can be replaced by a lot of guys. 

I don’t know anything about Terrell I’m sure he’s not very good and he’s probably not a lock to make this team but will have a chance to since Hurst really didn’t do himself any favors last night and just looks slow 

Archived