Tremaine Edmunds OR Derwin James VS Jaire Alexander and NO Saints 2019 1st Rd Pick

Mr Anonymous

10 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Amazing what mods around here allow when they don't agree with the topic starter.

Considering your clearly egging it on doesn't help anything. You clearly want to fight and wanting bang people against you, it's only natural for them to bang back.

Mods are trying to let you have your post, and you're complaining and attacking them? That's just non-sense.

You made an interesting opinion about how it will be interesting how it all plays out. But you also egged it on, but how you clearly know better than the experts when in all honest known of us know and won't know a fair answer until four years down the round, because we have a 1st round pick we haven't even used yet, and yet it's HORRIBLE the sky is falling, worst GM ever, type non-sense talk when the guy is in his first year. You haven't even given anyone a chance...

Egging on by taking the time answering everything being thrown at me including your insults? I'm giving very detailed responses and the same antagonists are responding with twisting of my words, definitive misrepresentations of my responses, and insults. It's a token attempt to drive away someone who says something you don't like hearing. But to prove I'm not going away, every time someone replies with an insult or a bastardization of my comments, I'm going to come back and correctly state my belief.

47 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Egging on by taking the time answering everything being thrown at me including your insults?

Well if you're going to throw insults at me, of course I'm going to throw them right back.

I'm giving very detailed responses and the same antagonists are responding with twisting of my words, definitive misrepresentations of my responses, and insults.

Maybe they see you as the antagonist, simply because you have different opinions. As for as twisting your words, welcome to the internet, every internet cite has that.

It's a token attempt to drive away someone who says something you don't like hearing. But to prove I'm not going away, every time someone replies with an insult or a bastardization of my comments, I'm going to come back and correctly state my belief.

Or it's simply them stating their honest believes, just like you are stating your honest believes, and you're views are so different that you don't believe in the other honesty, even though they are (or most are). And yes, if you are puppy guarding something, then that's just going to make things worse... no matter if you're playing tag with kids or in a debate form. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'd welcome people stating what they believe in here, that's not what's taking place. 

I think people collectively believe the following:

1. A more appropriate time to compare draft picks is immediately after the draft OR at least 3 years down the road. 2 weeks into the preseason is a weird "hey look at me!" attempt

2. People also (correctly) don't understand the connection between the draft picks, your obsession with a power struggle and the timing 

3. People don't believe your invented story about a power struggle. It's VERY reminiscent of this old poster who was adamant that McCarthy's new wife was going to destroy the Packers organization because of her bourgeois tendencies. In fact, you seem vaguely familiar and I'm not convinced you're not the same person who was behind that...

4. Anyone here is free to dismiss your assertions without reason because you've given them with no evidence. 

For one, the first word of post 1 of the topic is "placeholder". And the reason for going on the record now is so that no one can use the token argument of hindsight later. That should pretty easily settle the notion of why I started the topic. I'm fully aware that most (if not all) don't believe what I'm saying about the power structure. When I made the same comments during the draft and free agency I posted countless news stories and linked them. People chose not it believe it with those links, so I'm not going to bother now.

Perhaps I should follow you around and ask you to provide a link to every opinion you make and factoid you state? So yes, I have posted the evidence in the past but it's not going to change minds. Only time will, and that's fine.

The surprising aspect of this is that I know its not breaking news that there might be a power struggle going on in Green Bay. It was a widely discussed topic among sportswriters and even posters here at the time. Suddenly people here are acting like those issues magically went away. I don't see how a sports organization can function successfully the way they have things set up. The story about Russ Ball deciding who gets called up from the practice squad was just broken yesterday. Again, I'm hoping that was misreported because that's astonishing.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@incognito_man, we both thinking he's the same person?  The person I'm thinking he is kept saying the Packers would slip into the 80's the minute Favre retired.  

HC ring any bells?

Waste your time all you want on that. I've been an absolute homer and defender of everything the organization has done until this circus of an offseason.

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Lol at "reported".

Some throwaway tweet is now some evidence in your war chest ?

This is getting ridiculous and shouldn't be tolerated. I posted the links to many stories and accounts from a multitude of Packers and NFL reporters at the time of the draft and free agency. Some of which I'm positive are widely known. If someone is not going to add to a discussion its something moderators are supposed to take care of. I read the forum guidelines earlier today and the mods here are letting some of you get away with things that are absolutely not supposed to be allowed. You are adding nothing to this discussion, simply trying to derail it. And if the mods allow it, they're endorsing a mob mentality and discouraging people from having a different opinion. I ask again, please block me and/or this topic.

This is a completely legitimate discussion to have. It's comparing staying at 14 and selecting players who were available there versus trading back and picking up an asset and choosing a player from what was left. It's a very valid viewpoint to say Alexander plus the Saints pick was as good as the players missed by trading back. It's even valid to say Alexander was worth taking at 14. I just happen to not agree with either of those. And to further expound, I see troubling things going on with the organization that lessen my opinion of this offseason and future outlook even further.

11 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

This is getting ridiculous and shouldn't be tolerated. I posted the links to many stories and accounts from a multitude of Packers and NFL reporters at the time of the draft and free agency. Some of which I'm positive are widely known. If someone is not going to add to a discussion its something moderators are supposed to take care of. I read the forum guidelines earlier today and the mods here are letting some of you get away with things that are absolutely not supposed to be allowed. You are adding nothing to this discussion, simply trying to derail it. And if the mods allow it, they're endorsing a mob mentality and discouraging people from having a different opinion. I ask again, please block me and/or this topic.

No. You can't cry this when you get called out for using a throwaway tweet as some sort of meaningful evidence of an argument. Sorry.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

No. You can't cry this when you get called out for using a throwaway tweet as some sort of meaningful evidence of an argument. Sorry.

I can absolutely place value and have an opinion on something reported by a Packers beat writer. People do it all the time.

1 minute ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

This may be the greatest thread I've ever read. 

How can I endure the three year wait to find out an answer?

It won't take 3 years for people to make conclusions about this trade. Once these guys get on the field in the regular season people will start to weigh these guys against one another. Some people will give it more than 1 season, but I think most will have a strong opinion one way or another by January. There's also the Saints pick. If the pick ends up in the first half of round 1, it will be a big boost to the route the Packers went no doubt.

Archived