Trade for Ryan Switzer

JustPlainNasty

4 hours ago, August4th said:

at first, I thought it said Ryan Shazier traded to the raiders on twitter and was really confused for like a second lol

wonder if we can get use out of him in gadget plays here and there.. a WR sweep, screens designed just for him etc...

When I saw it, it only said we traded for a Raiders WR. I was thinking "Dear Lord. Did they just trade Bryant back?" Glad it was Switzer instead. 

In other news Schefter reporting Vance MacDonald restructured $3 mill of this years salary creating over $2 mill in cap room...gives them roughly $5.5 mill in cap room now...

My thought is why? Something else coming down the pipe?

Just now, AlanFanecaFan said:

In other news Schefter reporting Vance MacDonald restructured $3 mill of this years salary creating over $2 mill in cap room...gives them roughly $5.5 mill in cap room now...

maybe

steelers were very active this time last yr(Haden, Mcdonald and wilcox) as was the NFL... maybe its a new trend and we'll see some moves soon

44 minutes ago, August4th said:

maybe

steelers were very active this time last yr(Haden, Mcdonald and wilcox) as was the NFL... maybe its a new trend and we'll see some moves soon

There's going to be another addition.  I don't know how yet but I think it's going to be at LB.  It would not shock me if more than one LB that we expect to for "lack of options' doesn't actually make the roster and we sign someone.

Keep an eye on what happens with Broncos rookie LB Jeff Holland who the Broncos.  The Broncos LB Corps is stacked and it sounds like the Broncos view him as the "odd man out".  If he were to be cut, Pittsburgh would almost definitely put in a claim.  Doesn't mean they'd get him because they'd be far from the only team to do so.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

There's going to be another addition.  I don't know how yet but I think it's going to be at LB.  It would not shock me if more than one LB that we expect to for "lack of options' doesn't actually make the roster and we sign someone.

yeah..that has to be the target position now

just wonder who is available out there

ma

5 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

maybe ben has a new deal on the way? I can't see them signing anyone but if they trade for Mack they will need some cap xD

32 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Rescind the Tag for Bell and trade for Mack. Who's in?

I think that ship has long sailed.  Pulling off something like that would have been best off happening before the extension deadline, because if the Raiders had a chance to extend Bell they would have done Bell for Mack almost straight up IMO.  But now that the deadline has passed, we're sitting on Bell as a lame duck contract.

Just now, warfelg said:

I think that **** has long sailed.  Pulling off something like that would have been best off happening before the extension deadline, because if the Raiders had a chance to extend Bell they would have done Bell for Mack almost straight up IMO.  But now that the deadline has passed, we're sitting on Bell as a lame duck contract.

I was saying rescind the tag and cut Bell. Then use the $15 Million to sign Mack. Not gonna happen but a different take on the "would ya" game. 

Just now, Chieferific said:

I was saying rescind the tag and cut Bell. Then use the $15 Million to sign Mack. Not gonna happen but a different take on the "would ya" game. 

Mack would need to be traded for.  So what do we have that the Raiders would want that doesn't hurt our team?  Other than a boatload of picks?  That would be late round picks?

Just now, warfelg said:

Mack would need to be traded for.  So what do we have that the Raiders would want that doesn't hurt our team?  Other than a boatload of picks?  That would be late round picks?

A couple first Rdrs, 3 Rdrs, Sean Smith, Dupree. Admittedly there isn't a lot of trade capital there.  

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

A couple first Rdrs, 3 Rdrs, Sean Smith, Dupree. Admittedly there isn't a lot of trade capital there.  

Overpay.  I get Mack is great and all, but you got to trade for him and give up a bunch of cap.  1st, 2nd, pair of conditional 4ths.

Archived