Players recently cut that could make our team!!

Marcus21

On 9/2/2018 at 2:01 PM, MikeT14 said:

Guys...

On 9/2/2018 at 5:33 PM, Woz said:

This, yes.

This, no.

On 9/2/2018 at 7:49 PM, turtle28 said:

Sign me up! Put Casey Dunn on the practice squad.

@SeanTaylorsaPIMP Mario Edwards signed with the Giants.

You guys are all about signing other teams' bad offensive linemen, aren't you?

There's a reason Grasu was cut. He's too small/weak to play interior line, and he isn't athletic enough to play tackle. Again, why are we picking up known, very bad players? Unless your plan is to put him on the PS for a year and have him bulk up, we're wasting roster space on someone who might be good with some grooming.

On 9/1/2018 at 11:02 PM, SeanTaylorsaPIMP said:

-Dan Bailey should be called right away.

-Two young dlinemen cut today in Mario Edwards and Caleb Brantley are intriguing but I think the skins are happy with who they have there. 

- If we’re all about raw athletic freaks at safety,  I’d rather Obi Melifonwu than Troy Apke.

- Both Jonathan Cooper and Xavier Su’a-Filo are probably better than Lauvao but he knows the system well and I doubt they excite the coaching staff enough to replace him.

Cooper is flat out better than Lauvao. And I'm kind of doubting that Gruden's system is so intricate that a new guard couldn't pick it up within a couple weeks.

19 minutes ago, Slateman said:

we're wasting roster space on someone who might be good with some grooming.

1. There's only two guys on the roster who could qualify for "good with some grooming": Geron Christian (who was guaranteed to make the roster due to being a 3rd round pick) and Casey Dunn. That's it. Everyone else on the offensive line is either a starter or has been around the league for four or five years.
  2. Why is any given guy necessarily worse than say Tony Bergstrom?
  3. What if they cut someone like Ziggy Hood as a result? Hood isn't going to get any better.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

When the guys available are better than the ones on the Redskins' roster, yes, yes I am.

But they aren't. I don't know how to explain this, but the guys you keep wanting to sign are straight garbage. You guys basically want to sign the Brandon Weedon of offensive linemen.

2 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. There's only two guys on the roster who could qualify for "good with some grooming": Geron Christian (who was guaranteed to make the roster due to being a 3rd round pick) and Casey Dunn. That's it. Everyone else on the offensive line is either a starter or has been around the league for four or five years.
  2. Why is any given guy necessarily worse than say Tony Bergstrom?
  3. What if they cut someone like Ziggy Hood as a result? Hood isn't going to get any better.

1. So fill the roster up with more.

2. They are all the same garbage at this point

3. I would love to cut Ziggy Hood if it meant signing someone young, with some upside or potential.

Just now, Slateman said:

But they aren't. I don't know how to explain this, but the guys you keep wanting to sign are straight garbage. You guys basically want to sign the Brandon Weedon of offensive linemen.

And I don't think Christian or Bergstrom even clear the "Brandon Weedon" bar. Having seen nothing of Dunn that I can recall, I'll reserve judgment there.

Archived