Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Heimdallr said:

Yeah, at this point Jaqen is the only person on the planet that can plausibly stop Arya. I could see it happening. 

I'd give them a lot of props for that if it happens tbh. I still think killing Cersei would have been a more fitting end if that's her last assassination.

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

Yeah, at this point Jaqen is the only person on the planet that can plausibly stop Arya. I could see it happening. 

Yea I brought this up like 10 pages ago. But eith Jaqen needs to kill her. Or she starts turning into the Night's Queen and it turns out the WW invasion is just a cycle.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yes, Qyburn, the Kingsguard, the Mountain, possibly Jaime.  Not to mention shes in Winterfell, not KL, and she doesnt have a dragon.  

Well presumably she walks to King's Landing first... I assumed that part was obvious. What if she uses a face and pretends to be Jaime/Euron?

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Yes, Qyburn, the Kingsguard, the Mountain, possibly Jaime.  Not to mention shes in Winterfell, not KL, and she doesnt have a dragon.  

So the Kingsguard and the Mountain can stop her but God knows how many thousands of wights and a 10,000 year old threat to humanity and all his little buddies cant? 

Especially considering she is apparently completely silent and didnt even have to put on someone else's face last episode? That's really stretching it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

But not otherworldly magical forces. that can't stop her. Not a zombie apocalypse, not death itself. But One man one hand Jamie ****ing Lannister is going to stop her.

Yep the writers are definitely writing for you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yes, Qyburn, the Kingsguard, the Mountain, possibly Jaime

How? She can do what she did to the Freys, and go full ninja/invisible/anime in last episode, but can't sneak past the clueless Kingsguard and a brain dead zombie?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Was it? I need to rewatch that thing because I could have swore it was in reference to who should kill the Night King. Maybe I'm losing my mind...

It was not (in reference to saving Sam). It was a generic comment about Jon's character. There's nothing in the featurette to indicate that it was anything otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Nope and if that's not what happens it would be pretty dumb dont you think?

Yep, and if anything stops her now outside of Jaqen or literally a God of Death itself. It's as bad of an ending as Dexter as I said before. Actually I would say this season is turning out worse then the last season of Boardwalk Empire.

Just now, sunnygsm said:

It was not (in reference to saving Sam). It was a generic comment about Jon's character. There's nothing in the featurette to indicate that it was anything otherwise. 

Okay, I thought so. Which I feel like is such a weird stance to take considering his entire storyline has been about the threat of the others, why pivot to a person who has had zero contact with them. 

That comment baffled me as much as the comment about why Dany's dragon fire attack didnt work. 

I'm gonna rewatch that video though, thanks for the link.

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

How? She can do what she did to the Freys, and go full ninja/invisible/anime in last episode, but can't sneak past the clueless Kingsguard and a brain dead zombie?

Not to mention children. Nope, she can sneak past death itself. But not children. They are just too deadly for her to accomplish that task.

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

The only way I can see things playing out and being internally consistent with existing lore is if either the NK still alive, or the NK isn't the ultimate evil. 

But I think they just said "F it" and didn't care about that. 

Honestly I'm not even that upset with keeping with the lore, I've come to accept that things are not going to play out in line with the way the books were heading. 

The writing is just so random and not in line with the way the story was told in previous season, its turned into every other fantasy novel which is very much not what it was about before.

Obviously things could change if there is some major twist but I just cant see it. 

I actually loved episode two this season btw, i thought it was the best episode the show has has had in a long time.

12 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Why do they need to draw the focus of her and "avoid the unexpected" if they dont want the surprise factor? 

Who said they didn’t want it to be a surprise? They were building tension and suspense around the choice, not choosing he character that would shock you.