Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?

• Yes
    • No and gets fired during season
    • No and get fired after the season

23 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lmao of course they would 

I dont know about that. Browns come in with an offer around $8m or more, Oklahoma isnt going to match. Rielly had to fight to get his assistant raises. He gets that kind of money, his assistants wont be seeing that. Only way Oklahoma maybe matches that is if they win the title this year. I dont see them winning the title this year. Also Oklahoma is a big enough program it can go out and get just about anyone. If he left, Oklahome would most likely get Campbell

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

Maybes?

baker would be his QB (concrete)

no more recruiting (concrete )

no more dealing with immature 18/19yr olds (concrete)

the dude could pull a Meyer and never coach in the NFL but we have no idea what Reilly might do because he has never seriosuly been sought at by the NFL. Oklahoma has a big year this year, he will be the hottest young coach In the market. So who. Knows

Talking about his contracts with Oklahoma like it will be a reason he says. NFL can easily beat that. 

Also you brought up his kids. He have  more time off in the offseason in the NFL than in college. So if he wants to spend more time with them in the offseason he can. In college you are still recruiting, doing stuff for the colleges like promotions, and being involved in the off season program. 

Other than Baker being his QB, everything you have said is an assumption. Chiefly, you are making an assumption that he doesn't like recruiting or working with young players.

That is an odd assumption to make given his career choice.

Nick Saban is paid $11M.  I don't think Oklahoma would have trouble coming up with that if need be.

The days of the NFL being able to outbid colleges are over.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

If I called you a hypocrite for using your own "maybe's," would you be mad at me?

(Please don't be mad at me)

How is that a maybe?

They just gave him an almost $2M raise just a few months ago.

Do you think they are strapped for cash? Or unsure that they want to keep Riley?

All evidence points to the contrary. 

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Other than Baker being his QB, everything you have said is an assumption. Chiefly, you are making an assumption that he doesn't like recruiting or working with young players.

That is an odd assumption to make given his career choice.

Nick Saban is paid $11M.  I don't think Oklahoma would have trouble coming up with that if need be.

The days of the NFL being able to outbid colleges are over.

Saban has earned that money tho. Bama didn’t throw him $11m right off the bat. He had to win A couple titles to get that. Oklahoma isn’t going to throw that kind of money at Reilly yet. 

He might love recruiting but recruiting is a lot of work. Specially when it comes to a top tier program and you are going after the best of the best. Again he might love working with young guys. 

The time the NFL is done at outbidding college? No, there hasn’t been a legit college coach heavily seeked out by the NFL since chip Kelly and Oregon wasn’t match that NFL money and Kelly had a potentially national championship team and Nike in his back pocket. 

If a college coach is deemed as a top tier candidate like Kelly was, the NFL will go hard at them. There hasn’t been a top tier college coach the NFL has wanted since Kelly.  

But to say their is no chance is incorrect. 

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Why? That's less than what Harbaugh makes at Michigan.

With bonuses, Riley can earn almost $7M this year. 

Again Harbs was more proven than Reilly was when he came to Michigan. As Michigan was paying their own. I through $8m as a random number. If the NFL truly wants him they will give him any amount it takes

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Again Harbs was more proven than Reilly was when he came to Michigan. As Michigan was paying their own. I through $8m as a random number. If the NFL truly wants him they will give him any amount it takes

Riley is a more proven NCAA coach than Harbaugh.

If the anyone in the NFL is dumb and desperate enough to throw $8M plus at a coach that is unproven at the pro level, it's Haslam. But what I'm saying is, is that it would only take a $1.3M raise for Oklahoma to match that.

You're delusional if you think they won't match an $8M offer.

You're crazy if you think someone in the NFL will pay that much to a 35 year old college coach. 

Paying Riley more than Pete Carroll, Sean Payton, or Andy Reid? C'mon, son. That's crazy talk.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Still a maybe. Cmon. You can't guarantee that.

I can, and did.

Money is not an issue with a top 5 program.

If it were Boise State or Purdue or something like that, sure. Dream away.

But you are not outbidding Oklahoma. 

It would take a smaller raise than the one he just got to get him to $8M.

Nobody is going to offer him that, plus pay whatever buyout he has built into that extension. 

The odds are forever in Oklahoma's favor.

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

I can, and did.

Money is not an issue with a top 5 program.

If it were Boise State or Purdue or something like that, sure. Dream away.

But you are not outbidding Oklahoma. 

It would take a smaller raise than the one he just got to get him to $8M.

Nobody is going to offer him that, plus pay whatever buyout he has built into that extension. 

The odds are forever in Oklahoma's favor.

Only two football coaches are making more than 8 mil this year. Dabo at 8.5 and Saban at 11.1 mil. I'm not saying OU doesn't view Riley as that valuable, but it doesn't happen as often as you think. Again, it's not a guarantee. It's plausible, but not certain.

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Riley is a more proven NCAA coach than Harbaugh.

If the anyone in the NFL is dumb and desperate enough to throw $8M plus at a coach that is unproven at the pro level, it's Haslam. But what I'm saying is, is that it would only take a $1.3M raise for Oklahoma to match that.

You're delusional if you think they won't match an $8M offer.

You're crazy if you think someone in the NFL will pay that much to a 35 year old college coach. 

Paying Riley more than Pete Carroll, Sean Payton, or Andy Reid? C'mon, son. That's crazy talk.

When Harbs got his Michigan contract compared to Reily becoming a HC. Harbs was a more proven NCAA coach than Reily. Harbs was coming off of what he did with Stanford and what he did with the 49ers. 

Eagles threw that kind of money at Chip Kelly and he was unproven and they gave him GM powers as well. Eagles ownership isnt viewed is incompetent.

where you get that its only a $1.3m raise to match that?  Reiley is currently only making $4.8m. If Oklahoma has to pay him, they will have to pay him to be a top3 paid HC in NCAA. I cant see paying him more than Meyer and Dabo. If they do more power to him but I dont think its as easy as you think since other coaches are more proven at the college level compared to Reily.

again I dont care how much a NFL HC is paid. Money doesnt mess with the salary cap. Do I think they would offer him an $8m offer, no, it was just a number but I dont think its an automatic lock that Reily would be just nothing but a college guy. 

16 hours ago, buno67 said:

where you get that its only a $1.3m raise to match that?  Reiley is currently only making $4.8m. 

$4.8M base salary

$500K "stay benefit"

$500K retirement benefit

$350K winning Big12

$350K making CFP

$6.5M

So it would be $1.5M, not $1.3M to get to $8M.

Let's play pretend and say an NFL team gives him 4 years @ $8M. That's $32M guaranteed. They would also have to buy out his contract, so let's drop another $20M on that tab (just a guess, buyout numbers not available).

You have one side that has to commit around $52M in additional funds (in addition to what they will already be paying their fired coach), and another side that has to commit $6M in additional funds to pay Riley the same amount.

Do you see why it's not going to happen yet? 

Archived