GDT Week 1 - Steelers visit the Browns

Bucketheadsdad

9 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Did the NFL come out and say they effed that one up?

Nope. 

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

the peppers play, there was plenty of evidence. the punt play, there was no evidence to over turn a call if it was called one way or another. for once the Browns had something go there way

Y’all are right man, they’re out to get us.  

It’s a conspiracy to keep us shtty.

No ever gets screwed by officiating as bad as us.

UnnaturalHardBernesemountaindog-max-1mb. 

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Y’all are right man, they’re out to get us.  

It’s a conspiracy to keep us shtty.

No ever gets screwed by officiating as bad as us.

UnnaturalHardBernesemountaindog-max-1mb. 

My comment wasnt about the Refs looking to keep the Browns down, like other said but that Browns Luck is always bad luck. Why do you think I always try to be optimistic? 

The browns usually lose the 50/50 calls or have always seemed like it. That punt play was 50/50 and could have gone either way       

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

My comment wasnt about the Refs looking to keep the Browns down, like other said but that Browns Luck is always bad luck. Why do you think I always try to be optimistic? 

They don’t have bad luck, they just suck.  Good teams are on the end of bad calls too, they just find ways to win while the Browns find every way possible to lose.

The browns usually lose the 50/50 calls or have always seemed like it. That punt play was 50/50 and could have gone either way       

I think you, like most fans, only remember the ones you lose.  The punt play was absolutely 50/50, which is my point, they are out to get us, we just suck.

That roughing call on Garrett was no rougher than the hit Tyrod took from Watt early in the game that kept us from being pinned deep. Is it technically roughing?  I guess, but as a fan of the sport, that’s a weak call.  There was no intent to harm anyone on that play, you can’t always avoid the head/neck/shoulder area with your head/neck/shoulder area in football.  You played, you know this.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They don’t have bad luck, they just suck.  Good teams are on the end of bad calls too, they just find ways to win while the Browns find every way possible to lose.

I think you, like most fans, only remember the ones you lose.  The punt play was absolutely 50/50, which is my point, they are out to get us, we just suck.

That roughing call on Garrett was no rougher than the hit Tyrod took from Watt early in the game that kept us from being pinned deep. Is it technically roughing?  I guess, but as a fan of the sport, that’s a weak call.  There was no intent to harm anyone on that play, you can’t always avoid the head/neck/shoulder area with your head/neck/shoulder area in football.  You played, you know this.

Eh, gotta disagree with you on that one. I'd agree that call on Watt was a bit ticky tack for my liking, but I'd say the call against Garrett was a worse call. But that's just my opinion, and obviously I'm a bit biased.

38 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Eh, gotta disagree with you on that one. I'd agree that call on Watt was a bit ticky tack for my liking, but I'd say the call against Garrett was a worse call. But that's just my opinion, and obviously I'm a bit biased.

Obviously we can debate which is worse, but I think it’s fair to say both are bad calls as there was no intent to injure.  Sometimes helmets collide in a game of tackle football, but that doesn’t mean it deserves a flag.

It’s the old “I can’t describe it, but I know it when I see it”, and I didn’t see anything on either of those calls that warranted roughing.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Obviously we can debate which is worse, but I think it’s fair to say both are bad calls as there was no intent to injure.  Sometimes helmets collide in a game of tackle football, but that doesn’t mean it deserves a flag.

It’s the old “I can’t describe it, but I know it when I see it”, and I didn’t see anything on either of those calls that warranted roughing.

No, they seemed to really want to throw those flags but when a defensive player intentionally throws his weight on a QB it has always been pretty obvious there is no need to look for those penalties they will be easy to see.

The lowering of the helmet on Njoku's first drop was pretty obvious and I was surprised that wasn't called but I don't think it impacted the play so while it should have been a flag that incompletion was all on Njoku.

It was week one, they wanted to emphasize some things and they did that now hopefully we see less flags in the future. Maybe Hue should advise the refs to keep an eye on Garrett being held, I don't like to whine about those calls but Pittsburgh always did with Harrison so at least bring it up before the Steelers games.

Archived