Am I the only one not chugging the Kool-Aid?

G08

34 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I agree that they will have to at least be in contention for the playoffs by next season for Pace's job to be totally safe, but I kind of see it this way, that Pace and Trubisky are tied at the hip.

If Mitch's play allows the team to ride out the full 5 years on his rookie deal then Pace will still be here, and if not both will be gone.

Anyway it's way too early to be thinking about doom and gloom scenarios.  Let's just enjoy the season lads.

100% agree. My point was that if the plan really is for Rodgers to retire before the Bears can contend, everyone is fired.

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If they go 7-9 or 8-8 this year and the same next year, Pace is in trouble. I think they have to be damn good next year or heads will roll at least in the FO.

If we go 8-8 this year and 8-8 next year, Pace is not in trouble. If we go 7-9 this year and 8-8 next year, Pace is not in trouble.

If Nagy is a huge failure, Pace is in trouble.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

If we go 8-8 this year and 8-8 next year, Pace is not in trouble. If we go 7-9 this year and 8-8 next year, Pace is not in trouble.

If Nagy is a huge failure, Pace is in trouble.

I disagree. If Nagy is average for the next two years, Trubisky is likely average or below average, and Pace is then in trouble. 

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I disagree. If Nagy is average for the next two years, Trubisky is likely average or below average, and Pace is then in trouble. 

You don't fire a GM for his head coach being average for 2 years out of a 5 year deal. That's just.... dumb.

On 9/10/2018 at 12:40 PM, RunningVaccs said:

Had to search for this and update you guys, now I am in fact crying doom, so just so you all know: DOOM

Well, with a couple days perspective and tape, I hope you've calmed down a little bit.  The sheer emotional swing of that game was shocking and demoralizing, but it needs to be viewed in context.  Frankly, grow up a little if you want to watch and enjoy Bears football.

-We all knew the offense was complex, and Mitch was essentially going to be a rookie in it.  The circumstances of that game were downright historic, and as far as pressure and noise goes it doesn't get much worse.  All of the flaws he showed in that game are correctable. No guarantee they get fixed, but reads, decision making and composure CAN all improve with time, and we know Mitch is a hard worker so deserves time.

-Nagy muffed the playcalling.  It didn't seem like he knew when to get cute or when to turtle-up, and doing a little of both didn't work out.  It almost would have been easier if the Bears hadn't come out with a huge lead and looked so dominant early. I think a lot of people chalked that game up as won.  When Rodgers came out and looked Godlike,  it had to feel like you're fighting fate.  Nagy seems like a smart guy, and his postgame comments seem like the right approach.  If they can tuck this game into the experience bag and use it to adapt to the next situation it's a good thing. 

There are lots of other details from this, and about a dozen moments that should have been capitalized on, but frankly we saw a team that rocked the Packers for a half, and then faced off against an entire half of highlight reel from the best QB of all time.   No one wants to be on the losing side of an amazing comeback (see ETNZ in 2013) but if you're strong you can come out stronger for it (see ETNZ 2017) but this was a game the Bears would have to steal, and they almost did.  Their mistakes compounded, but were all correctable mistakes.  Let's see what happens and enjoy the ride. 

Archived