Around the NFL - Week 1

Danger

2 hours ago, RBreezy said:

True that. Actually a little concerned about the Bucs vertical passing game, I could see Mills getting roasted by Evans, D-Jax, etc.

Yeah I am very bummed now, was expecting a cakewalk next week. Fitzmagic shows up every few years for a few games where he plays really damn well. They've got the WR talent to overwhelm our secondary, and if they have a QB who can consistently feed them deep that could spell trouble. Their run D is also stout after investing in the DL, shut Kamara down as a runner. Now they got torched through the air, but Brees showed he is still top tier, and the Saints' have a bevy of offensive weapons that we lack. I have become about as concerned as possible about this game given just 1 week. Once again, our D, particularly front 7, will need to carry us. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Hopefully, wouldn't want the Cowboys getting either of them, but they certainly could be in the running unless they fix their QB situation.

Cowboys are going to win the Deandre Baker sweepstakes, or take one of the Clemson DL

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Oh no, no they won't.

But they can dream.

I think getting a dancer like Saquon makes it even dumber. Yes he's gonna make some huge plays...but he's also going to get a bunch of no gainers too

He had some no gainers today, but most of them were completely on the OLine. I say this not even as hyperbole, Ereck Flowers is the worst starting OT in the NFL. I'll reserve judgement on Solder, but he didn't play great today.

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

except that in college you can make your own plays in the nfl the defense just gets you.

the long run he had was crazy, I don't think anyone else currently in the NFL, except maybe Shady circa 2013 could have made that play.

Just now, Danger said:

the long run he had was crazy, I don't think anyone else currently in the NFL, except maybe Shady circa 2013 could have made that play.

And averaged 2 yards a carry on his other 17 runs. How many does he actually break in the league? maybe once every few games?

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

well there is a reason you dont draft a running back second overall if you have a bad oline. giants just arent smart enough to know that though. 

The biggest difference between the Cowboys taking Zeke and the Giants taking Barkley, is that the Cowboys already had the foundation in place to make use of his skills.

Just now, Danger said:

The biggest difference between the Cowboys taking Zeke and the Giants taking Barkley, is that the Cowboys already had the foundation in place to make use of his skills.

right the cowboys had an above average QB and a great Oline zeke was just icing on the cake.

Giants have a crappy qb and a crappy OL. Should have taken Darnold. 

Archived