Around The League

Bobby816

Just now, JetsandI said:

Second that.

It is weird.  Google's concise information looks like rewritten but actually wiki part is legit and he is still our HC.   Still love this trick.

I'm not going to lie, it got my hopes up. Looking at the reports, it looks like it just might happen. CJ is ducking the media and refusing to talk to the media. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not going to lie, it got my hopes up. Looking at the reports, it looks like it just might happen. CJ is ducking the media and refusing to talk to the media. 

Indicate a good news.  Keep hopes up and don't use mattress to break a fall.

Interim HC candidate.

In no order.

DC Kacy Rodgers.

WR Karl Dorrell.

AHC Mike Caldwell.  Likely the obvious one.

I would like to think that Karl Dorrell should get the nod.  Rodgers and Caldwell are defensive coaches that may share the similar philosophy as Bowles. Dorrell could be an outsider in Todd Bowles' world so he may be thinking differently.  That is something Jets need for a change, especially offensive side.

42 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Second that.

It is weird.  Google's concise information looks like rewritten but actually wiki part is legit and he is still our HC.   Still love this trick.

Now, Google part said Bowles being Jets HC.   Wow  google part is really that fluid. lol.

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Interim HC candidate.

In no order.

DC Kacy Rodgers.

WR Karl Dorrell.

AHC Mike Caldwell.  Likely the obvious one.

I would like to think that Karl Dorrell should get the nod.  Rodgers and Caldwell are defensive coaches that may share the similar philosophy as Bowles. Dorrell could be an outsider in Todd Bowles' world so he may be thinking differently.  That is something Jets need for a change, especially offensive side.

Nothing would be worse than making Kacy interim HC. 

I wasn't going to make new thread for my mock since it would collect very little attention from posters.  So here it is, bytches.

2019-2020 Off Season Mock

Since Bill Parcells left Jets for good, Woody Johnson has been in the habit of meddling in the football operation by demanding to get certain players or splitting the chain of command between GM and HC.  

Christopher Johnson who has yet to handle a real football decision when he faces some changes in football operation. Chris decides that it is the best for Jets to have their own football chief in the franchise.  That authority is belonging to GM title.

Top Candidates:

George Paton
Jeff Ireland (Later to be eliminated due to Dolphins' fiasco)
Adam Peters

I absolutely can't tell which one is the right guy without meeting them in person. I scrubbed throughout the internet for any kind of business experience they have under belts.  I find only one. A Real Small One. Paton has involved in salary cap planning for Vikings. The decision is made.

paton.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Jets' General Manager George Paton with the final says.

Head Coach Interviews:

First Round:

John Harbaugh denied the interview in order to iron out the contract with Broncos.
Jim Harbaugh stayed put.
John DeFilippo denied the interview so he could focus on Ravens' HC gig.

Second Round

Rob Corddry = Hue Jackson.
David Krumholtz = Christopher Johnson.
Eddie Kaye Thomas = George Paton.
Paper = A legal document about preventing the Johnson brothers from stepping in and ruffling the football operation.
_GTGFY.gif

Hue Jackson: I came prepared. *Walk Away*

tenor.gif?itemid=7456351

Chris: Is the legal document acceptable to you, Mister Matt LaFleur?
giphy.gif

Jets asked Todd Haley about the legal document.  He responded in that way.
tumblr_o1cxbp4K0W1ufact6o1_400.gif

Pete Carmichael Jr:
giphy.gif

Byron Leftwich:
HsZl.gif

Chris Petersen:
tenor.gif

Final Round Interview: Paton asks the question, "What does 10-6 mean to you?"

Pete Carmichael Jr.:
220px-Drew_Brees_2015.jpg

Matt LaFleur:
giphy.gif

Chris Petersen:
tenor.gif

The HC decision had been made.

He become Jets' 21st head coach.

SPORTS_161109328_AR_0_NDRBZXPBGRZM.jpg?w

Jets' Head Coach Chris Petersen

Roster Activity:

Cut C Spencer Long.

Tender WR Robby Anderson as 2nd Round Tender

Franchise WR Quincy Enunwa (Non exclusive)

Re-sign CB Morris Claiborne

Re-sign PK Jason Meyers

Re-sign OLB Brandon Copeland

Re-sign CB Daryl Roberts

Re-sign DE Henry Anderson

Re-sign NT Steve McLendon

Free Agency:

WR Josh Brown

WR Quincy Enunwa (Matched Raiders' offer)

LG Andy Levitre

C Brett Jones

G Mark Glowinski

OLB Markus Golden

RB Tevin Coleman

TE Jared Cook

2019 Draft:

3rd Overall Pick:

Jets traded their 3rd Overall selection to Broncos for their 9th overall selection and 2020's and 2021's 1st round picks. Subsequently, Broncos drafted QB Dwayne Haskins from Ohio State. That was 2nd quarterback off the board for anyone who cares.

9th Overall Pick:

Jets once again traded their 9th overall selection to Eagles for their 17th overall selection and the higher pick of 2nd round pick. Eagles owned Ravens' 2nd round pick and both their pick were not that far apart.

17th Overall Pick:  OT Greg Little, Ole Miss.

Little may be needing some seasoning to be a complete LT of the NFL but his athleticism and quick footwork are a good start to be a starting LT on year one. 

26th Overall Pick: OLB Montez Sweat, Mississippi State.

Jets acquired Raiders (Bears') 26th overall selection for the lower 1st round pick of 2020's and WR Robby Anderson. It would be either Jets' or Broncos' 2020's 1st round selection.  If Sweat was available right before Patriots, Packers, Redskins and even Rams or Chiefs then Jets should waste no time to make the trade and secure one of most promising pass rushing prospects.

Eagles' higher 2nd Round Pick: C Garrett Bradbury, North Carolina State.

That was disappointing that Jets failed to sign C Matt Paradis as free agent and ended up signing a serviceable C in Brett Jones. Jets had no choice and grabbed the best Center available at this point. Jets shouldn't get cute with late round pick for a potential OL starters. Darnold needed to advance from ****ty offense immediately.

3rd Round Pick: WR Riley Ridley, Georgia.

This SOB had 1st round talent but did not register enough collegiate statistic to be considered one of best WR coming out NCAA.  Just shut up and took him.

Saints' 3rd Round Pick:

Jets traded this selection to Browns for their 4th round pick and Jaguars' 5th round pick. It would allow Browns to select WR Chase Claypool. Damn it.

4th Round Pick: OT Paul Adams, Missouri.

He could challenge Brandon Shell at RT due to more athleticism, which meant Shell's athleticism and strength could be an upgrade at RG. However, right now, Adams would be their swing OL. Jets lost Ben Ijalana and either Brent Qvale or Dakota Dozier to FA for that role. OL depth is vital.

Browns's 4th Round Pick: LB Germaine Pratt, North Carolina State.

He could make a surprising takeover at ILB. By ILB, I mean either position. It felt like only Lee and Williamson were true ILB and the rest of ILB depth were ST first players. That was not deep enough, talent wise.

5th Round Pick: CB Darrien Molton, Washington State.

Jaguars' 5th Round Pick: TE Zach Gentry, Michigan.

7th Round Pick: QB Marcus McMaryion, Fresno State.

Last three picks are all about developmental crap. Don't try to grade those picks, Thank You.

Post Draft Trade:

Jets sent OT Kelvin Beachum Jr to Texans for their 2020's 6th Round Pick.

Jets sent their 2020's 6th Round Pick to Vikings for WR Brandon Zylstra.

The Summary in ahead of Mini Camp:

Projected rookie starters:

LT Greg Little

OLB Montez Sweat

C Garrett Bradbury

Starting and back up mix players:

WR Riley Ridley

OL Paul Adams

LB Germaine Pratt

WR Brandon Zylstra

Net of the future:

2021's 1st Round Pick from Broncos.