Around The League

Bobby816

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, SDotNova said:

It interesting, last year Jets fans were divided on what we wanted to the team to do. Cousins, draft QB, etc.

This year, it feels like we are all mostly in agreement on what we want the FO to do. We might split hairs on what players or what coach, but we agree for the most part. It just seems so obvious this team needs an offensive coach and to do direct most assets to help Darnold.

Im optimistic Macc sees the obvious.

Good post, for the first time since we drafted Darnold, we are mostly all in agreement on our needs. but I am not sure Macc, is the man to get the job done. When he picked up Decker & Marshall, we almost made the playoffs. But after that our record the last three years proves that. 5-11, 5-11, 3-7. For me it is hard to be optimistic about him.

On 11/21/2018 at 6:03 PM, Bobby816 said:

Dominant? Come on man. We were down in game and slingingbthe ball deep. He’s pretty much a 1 trick pony (which is useful) but no where near a top receiving threat. He’s scared to do anything in the middle of the field bc he weighs 122lbs. He’s fast but not quick, so he doesn’t offer anything in the screen game. He can’t block. So the word dominant is far from his skill set.

Agree 100%. Robby can run the go route and that is it. We are completely overrating him on this board. When we needed him to be a starter this year he was useless and fumbled the ball at will. Everyone will blame the coaching or Darnold, but Robby is what he is, and I certainly would not say hes dominate or elite.

57 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agree 100%. Robby can run the go route and that is it. We are completely overrating him on this board. When we needed him to be a starter this year he was useless and fumbled the ball at will. Everyone will blame the coaching or Darnold, but Robby is what he is, and I certainly would not say hes dominate or elite.

He played like a starter last year. Before the Eagles traded for Tate, they inquired about Robby. So the Eagles view him as a starter. And Eagles are a offensive focused team.

I don’t think people are saying he is a dominant receiver all around. What people are saying is he is a dominant deep threat. 

I’m not sure dominant is the right word though. Maybe we can say he played like a top 10 deep threat last year despite little talent around him. He hasn’t played that way this year. We can all just speculate why. 

I think Robby and Enunwa are good number 2 or number 3 receivers in this league. 

On 11/21/2018 at 3:19 PM, Bobby816 said:

Robby is a lot more useful with 2 better WRs then him on the field. Allowing single coverage and him to try and burn guys. We don’t have that now. That’s what we need. An OL to block. A RB to keep the defense from being able to drop 7-8 into coverage and WRs that make plays that aren’t 1 trick pony’s.

Agree. Robby has a place on this team. He just can’t be “the guy”. Him and Enunwa are not the problem on this offense. They just need to be slotted down on the totem poll. Getting Bell and a number 1 WR does that. 

Enunwa is a good number 2 as a slot WR.

Anderson is a good number 3 as an outside deap threat. 

I think it is possible that one of the Harbaughs do come to the Jets. Mich fans are mad at Jim because he has not beat Ohio State EVER and that beating last night might push them over the edge. John on the other hand is in doubt too. If they tank these last few games and miss the playoffs I can see them moving on from John. It would be great if both where on the market. If one or both lose their job Jim and John will be looking to coach again.

For Jim, he would have to leave Michigan. For John, they are saying him and the Organization are parting ways after this season. The same thing that happened to Jim in san fran. 

My top 3 right now is Jim, John, and Carmichael. Jim is #1. He has turned teams around on both levels. He turned Alex Smith's career around, went to the SB with Kaep, and the players loved him. His defense was always ready. This would be the year to go all in for him if he is interested. 

John is a winning HC as well, I just don't think they did a great job of getting talent over there. I can't even think of a player they brought in that teams really had to plan for. JH is carrying that team with his ability to coach IMO, but a coach can only do so much without real threats on the field. 

Pete Carmichael has been involved in a Saints offense that has always been in the top10. I know Sean handles play calling, but Pete did take over for a couple of years and still had the offense putting up great numbers. I honestly don't want another Coordinator, but his experience with a winning team says a lot. That same system could make Darnold, Herndon, Anderson, and Enunwa pretty dangerous together. 

I don't think either Harbaugh could end up a Jet.

Jim: Jets are likely to keep Macc as GM so there will be a power struggle between them.  Not interested in how did Bill O'Brien win the power struggle because Woody Johnson still is the owner of Jets. I can guarantee you Woody will step in and wipe everyone out in a second if the problem exists.

John: I heard Gary Kubiak is open to OC gig only but he has been living comfortably in the western part. Kubiak could be in house demoted for Broncos with John being his HC again. After Ravens winning SB, the Kubiak being OC year was John's best season. The rest of post SB years are meh!  Now, Kubiak is no longer thinking about HC gig again and can potentially be in long service for John in Denver.

Now unless Jets actually fire Macc, I could see Matt LaFleur as his top ideal HC choice. The offense is the major problem for Jets and LaFleur and Macc come from the similar tree. That way Jets can actually utilize talents properly. Because of that, we see the progression. Simple.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

Mayfield is 14/18, 203 yards, 2TD's against Cincy.  And there’s 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

He was drafted at #1. It isn't like Jets picking Darnold over Mayfield..  He has been making good results since Freddie Kitchens took over OC. I wish we had a similar story with Darnold.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

He was drafted at #1. It isn't like Jets picking Darnold over Mayfield..  He has been making good results since Freddie Kitchens took over OC. I wish we had a similar story with Darnold.

By no means saying the Jets had a chance at him.  What he's doing should be an eye opener to those who didn't want him on here though.  He's been lighting it up.

28 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

By no means saying the Jets had a chance at him.  What he's doing should be an eye opener to those who didn't want him on here though.  He's been lighting it up.

Ya he has a 2 RBs better than ours. A better OL and receivers.

Looks like Baker is becoming the next young QB to suddenly improve after removing the obviously inept staff that had a hold of them.

I pray Darnold can withstand this onslaught of awfulness that is Todd Bowles/Jeremy Bates

11.2 ppg during this skid and only 2 TDs scored in November. When you look at the way the league is trending, the way the Jets are designed and ran, and the talent (or lack of) that’s there I’d honestly say we are in the worst spot of any team in the league. A fake 90m to spend in FA or not. Mac believes in building through the draft but now all he talks about is “being active” in FA. Bunch of clowns

Archived