Around The League

Bobby816

On 11/28/2018 at 12:56 PM, Bobby816 said:

I think we offer more money than Indy is what I'm saying. I think Indy wont pay whatever it takes to get him. Where we might.

Chris Ballard is extremely safe in IND; he has nothing to prove to ownership - he is safe. Additionally, he's big on building through the draft and has not been part of an organization who has "paid" a RB (with exception to Jamaal Charles' 2 year extension in 2014). Could mean something, could mean nothing. But I do think he'll prefer to spend his money elsewhere. 

Mike Maccagnan does not have that same security. It's no secret: baring anything unforeseen, he has a playoff mandate for 2019. He needs to improve this team for the short-term any means possible. And on top of that, he needs to surround his prized QB with ready talent. The thought of paying Bell the money he will want frightens me, but the Jets are going to do it. He's much like a former Texans RB that Maccagnan knows well (Arian Foster) but with more talent, and would be a shot in the arm for everyone on offense - particularly Sam Darnold and Robby Anderson. 

It's going to happen. If you are pumped about it celebrate, if you are sickened by it get over it. My hope is that he can play at an elite level for the next 2 years with Sam Darnold picking up the slack in years 3-4 of his contract. 

4 years, $65 million. $48 million guaranteed. Additional $5 million available in escalators. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Chris Ballard is extremely safe in IND; he has nothing to prove to ownership - he is safe. Additionally, he's big on building through the draft and has not been part of an organization who has "paid" a RB (with exception to Jamaal Charles' 2 year extension in 2014). Could mean something, could mean nothing. But I do think he'll prefer to spend his money elsewhere. 

Mike Maccagnan does not have that same security. It's no secret: baring anything unforeseen, he has a playoff mandate for 2019. He needs to improve this team for the short-term any means possible. And on top of that, he needs to surround his prized QB with ready talent. The thought of paying Bell the money he will want frightens me, but the Jets are going to do it. He's much like a former Texans RB that Maccagnan knows well (Arian Foster) but with more talent, and would be a shot in the arm for everyone on offense - particularly Sam Darnold and Robby Anderson. 

It's going to happen. If you are pumped about it celebrate, if you are sickened by it get over it. My hope is that he can play at an elite level for the next 2 years with Sam Darnold picking up the slack in years 3-4 of his contract. 

4 years, $65 million. $48 million guaranteed. Additional $5 million available in escalators. 

Im all for him here. I think he’s exactly what we need. A difference maker AND even more important he’s a guy to really help make Darnold a franchise QB. And that’s really what we need.

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Let’s hope it happens.

If we can come out if FA with Bell, 1 Interior OL, and 1 Edge, id be happy. Anything above that would be icing on the cake.

I think we get an edge guy. I can’t see us getting anyone worse then a guy like Shane Ray. All depends on who actually hits the market. Bc there’s some big names out there. Most probably won’t. But 1 or 2 might hit FA.

12 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

You know this from your inside info?

44 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

That Kareem Hunt thing is crazy.  Didn't see that coming.  Like NE needs any more help getting to the Superbowl.

Wonder what action will be taken.

On a personal note he’s on my fantasy team and I actually had Ware as his handcuff just in case but needed room for an actual RB that plays and dropped Ware literally Wednesday morning. Smh.

Wow Hunt just got cut by the Chiefs. He’s also on the Commisiners Expemt list while they review the whole situation. The NFL already knew about an incision but no charger were filed and their were conflicting reports. Having a video now reopens things. Wow!!! 

A players skill allows longer strings. Ray Rice didn’t get picked up by anyone after his video was released bc he wasn’t good anymore. If we has 4yrs younger a team would have picked him up. Josh Gordon is still in the league bc of his skill. If he had a skill set of let’s say Ardarius Stewart he wouldn’t be on an NFL team. Hunt will get picked up by someone and that team will say all the right things. Say we won’t put him on the field until we know he has gotten complete control of his anger and has gone to counseling, etc. He will miss the rest of this season to do all those things. Not sure if we put a claim in on him. But I’m sure there’s several teams that want him even with this incident.

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

If we can claim him, do the current terms of his contract stay? If so, claiming him is the way to go. He has a cheap deal for two years. If he clears waivers, his contract when he eventually signs will be much higher

Well it goes by record on who can claim him 1st so we are in the mix. The Raiders (who should try and get him) can get him over us. But we are one of the few RB needy teams after them that can put a claim in. I don’t see NYG or Jacksonville putting in a claim for him.

This isn’t an issue to take lightly. And any team claiming him has to be prepared to do and say the right things to get Hunts name as clear as it can.

Archived