Around The League

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So you don’t want Hunt, you don’t want Bell. So you’re happy with our offense then I’m assuming?

No, I just don't want to overpay for an RB who sat out for a year and risk having 2 bad contracts with him & trumaine. I even stated I would be down for picking him up if the contract is good. For Hunt, this man can't stop fighting men and women will probably face a bigger suspension than 6 games. At least wait things out and see if he's going to show any signs of character improvement. He's not going to get picked up right away with the possible addition to his suspension coming up.  We're about to have $100M + a top 5 draft pick, we will have more than 2 names to pick from to help this offense. There will be cuts and trade targets available. 

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

No, I just don't want to overpay for an RB who sat out for a year and risk having 2 bad contracts with him & trumaine. I even stated I would be down for picking him up if the contract is good. For Hunt, this man can't stop fighting men and women will probably face a bigger suspension than 6 games. At least wait things out and see if he's going to show any signs of character improvement. He's not going to get picked up right away with the possible addition to his suspension coming up.  We're about to have $100M + a top 5 draft pick, we will have more than 2 names to pick from to help this offense. There will be cuts and trade targets available. 

Have you looked at the FA class on offense and the top of the draft for offensive talent?

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Have you looked at the FA class on offense and the top of the draft for offensive talent?

Have you seen a year where there weren't any names added to the FA list, trade options, and draft players improving their stock and showing up after senior bowl/combine? 

It happens every year. Teams like Jags, Eagles, and Vikings will have to make cuts. Good players will get cut with bad contracts, someone won't be happy, and players will show up in the draft and perform better than expected.  There will be other options to come up. I'm not saying Hunt isn't good, but that's a toxic situation you're jumping into when you're quick to jump on a player the day the video releases and news of a 2nd problem comes up.

I'd much rather wait and see how things between Bell & Hunt play out. If we can front load Bell's contract and add a kill switch after 2-3 years, I might be okay with that. Also, all it takes is for a RB like Henderson, Mattison, or Barnes to run a good 40 time and they'll be on every mock draft in here. I'm willing to wait to see who is all out there before jumping on the first name I hear. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Have you seen a year where there weren't any names added to the FA list, trade options, and draft players improving their stock and showing up after senior bowl/combine? 

It happens every year. Teams like Jags, Eagles, and Vikings will have to make cuts. Good players will get cut with bad contracts, someone won't be happy, and players will show up in the draft and perform better than expected.  There will be other options to come up. I'm not saying Hunt isn't good, but that's a toxic situation you're jumping into when you're quick to jump on a player the day the video releases and news of a 2nd problem comes up.

I'd much rather wait and see how things between Bell & Hunt play out. If we can front load Bell's contract and add a kill switch after 2-3 years, I might be okay with that. Also, all it takes is for a RB like Henderson, Mattison, or Barnes to run a good 40 time and they'll be on every mock draft in here. I'm willing to wait to see who is all out there before jumping on the first name I hear. 

No good players that you can build around don’t get cut. 30yr old guys get cut generally. And what do they want normally once they’re cut? To win. We don’t offer that. A guy like Golden Tate is a name I’d be interested in. But it doesn’t take sense for him or us. Have him build a relationship with Darnold just to leave? And why would he want to come here? We aren’t a team ready to win. So the FA market is very thin in that regard as to guys who still have some youth that want their pay day over the chance to win. 

Im all for claiming Hunt. He would be stuck on that rookie deal instead of getting to the open market. Plus if he is suspended he wouldn't count against our roster. 

Make him go to counseling and do some public relations stuff. If he can clean up the act you have great talent on a cheap contract. If he cant there is nothing lost.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

No good players that you can build around don’t get cut. 30yr old guys get cut generally. And what do they want normally once they’re cut? To win. We don’t offer that. A guy like Golden Tate is a name I’d be interested in. But it doesn’t take sense for him or us. Have him build a relationship with Darnold just to leave? And why would he want to come here? We aren’t a team ready to win. So the FA market is very thin in that regard as to guys who still have some youth that want their pay day over the chance to win. 

Cool, let's sign him and wait to see what he can do for us in 2020. 

Media crap mentioned Todd Bowles could replace Steve Wilks as Cardinal HC.  Okay, I want something better than the compensation for Herm Edwards like 2nd round pick?

Baseball-Player-Tries-To-Hold-In-The-Lau

Anyway,  Ron Rivera could be shown to the door as Panthers HC.  umm.  More experienced HC options for Jets.

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

I know a lot of people are kind of down on him but I would love Mik McCarthy as our next HC, offensive background and helped develop Rodgers into a GOAT. 

How many coaches who get forced out of town actually end up doing well for their next team? 

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

How many coaches who get forced out of town actually end up doing well for their next team? 

I don't know the exact numbers but recently two were John Fox and Andy Reid.  However, both got benefit from veteran qbs as Jets have Sam Darnold. 

16 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Matt LaFleur’s Titans Offense is like last in everything. Easy pass.

McCarthy is stuck in 2010. Easy Pass.

DeFilippo? Nah not really impressed by his offense in Minnesota. 

Idk who to hire honestly. I just want a new GM. 

he might have been mentioned before, but Matt Campbell of Iowa St might end up being in the running. 

McCarthy has to be the Jets new head coach. He has only missed the playoffs twice and this year will be his third in 13 years. I think he is just like Andy Reid. He needs a change of scenery. He will put us back on the map to the playoffs with a young QB. If I was the GM I would try and talk Mike into coming in now and working as a special adviser. Then when the season ends Todd is cut and Mike moves in. If we don't get him I want Kliff as the next head coach. I don't think Campbell will be that good in the league as a head coach. DeFilippo would by my distance 3rd coach. I do want Bruce Arieas too but i don't see him coming here at all. 

12 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I don't know the exact numbers but recently two were John Fox and Andy Reid.  However, both got benefit from veteran qbs as Jets have Sam Darnold. 

If McCarthy can have an Andy Reid like reprise, I'd love it. I'm worried his scheme won't translate well with our receiver crew, and we can't expect Darnold to be anywhere near as good as Rodgers, but who knows.

Archived