Around The League

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

His biggest flaw is not changing with the times. It was clear that his background was more catered to defense in his scouting. Look at the Houston drafts while he was there. But times changed and made it to where the NFL caters to the offense and he never changed with that. We still drafted defense in drafts as well as making defense the priority in FA. We have a defensive HC that is useless bc playing defense quite frankly in the NFL these days is optional and rather useless. Doesn’t matter who we have at HC, OC, GM. If this franchise doesn’t change the way we view to build a team we will be left behind like we have already.

I don’t think it’s just that, out side of QB the biggest building block positions there are (Pass Rusher/Offensive Line) have not been addressed or he’s tried to find flash in the pan type signings that haven’t worked out long term or have flashed for a year and regressed.

I’m targeting Eliot Wolf...for now

- Worked with Dorsey who’s helped build the team in Kansas City and had a really good first draft with Cleveland along with the Green Bay bloodlines of finding talent deep into the draft. 

- Wolf watched Rodgers hands on for many years and I think understands the right mix of talent and the right coach to bring out the best in Darnold. 

22 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Unfortunately the only changes will probably be coaching. Which I big time dislike. I still feel Macc didn’t even want Darnold (or any QB) this last draft. He just knew he had to do something to save his job. Which means he’s still atupod enough to not think offense wins these days. I fully expect him if he stays to draft a Edge it CB in Round 1 and test my patience with this franchise.

That is a very interesting point. The more I think about it you could be very right. I don't know about Macc's past draft history with other teams, but I would love to know.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

That is a very interesting point. The more I think about it you could be very right. I don't know about Macc's past draft history with other teams, but I would love to know.

I absolutely think I'm correct in this. Macc knew he needed a QB to save his job. He's been so bad in drafts and FA that he couldn't lure Cousins here bc we had no talent for him (Macc's fault). Therefor knew he had to make a move to guarantee us a QB in the draft. That's why he traded up. Not bc he viewed Darnold that high. Bc we didn't know Darnold would be there. It was bc he knew he needed something to show there's a future. Not that he did that and it saved his job for a year or 2. He will just go back to his old ways and do nothing in FA (or just go defense) and draft BPA in Round 1 regardless of position (WE NEED OFFENSE) and is clueless on how to draft after Round 1.

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I absolutely think I'm correct in this. Macc knew he needed a QB to save his job. He's been so bad in drafts and FA that he couldn't lure Cousins here bc we had no talent for him (Macc's fault). Therefor knew he had to make a move to guarantee us a QB in the draft. That's why he traded up. Not bc he viewed Darnold that high. Bc we didn't know Darnold would be there. It was bc he knew he needed something to show there's a future. Not that he did that and it saved his job for a year or 2. He will just go back to his old ways and do nothing in FA (or just go defense) and draft BPA in Round 1 regardless of position (WE NEED OFFENSE) and is clueless on how to draft after Round 1.

If I hear anymore bull**** about ‘we feel good with our board’ or ‘we really like the value in college free agency’ then I will just give up. 

Feels like someone needs to rattle him and wake him up. 

Between him and Bowles it’s like the ******* walking dead. At least with Rex and Tanny there was some passion and direction (albeit misguided!) 

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed but as much as we need offense if we’re picking top 3/4 then I want the best player or if you feel the need to force offense then trade back and recoup some picks. 

I’d love for the Giants and Jags to both be right behind us and start a bidding war since both need QBs. 

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

If I hear anymore bull**** about ‘we feel good with our board’ or ‘we really like the value in college free agency’ then I will just give up. 

Feels like someone needs to rattle him and wake him up. 

Between him and Bowles it’s like the ******* walking dead. At least with Rex and Tanny there was some passion and direction (albeit misguided!) 

Macc and Bowles are similar is too many way and that’s a recipe for disaster. 

We need a Head Coach and GM with unique visions so that each can offset the negatives from the other. 

Mangini and Tannenbaum were the perfect example to an extent. Tannenbaum was aggressive in getting talent while Mangini was great at identifying it. You replace Mangini with Rex who wasn’t a great evaluator and you flame out after 3 years when bad drafts catch up to you. 

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Agreed but as much as we need offense if we’re picking top 3/4 then I want the best player or if you feel the need to force offense then trade back and recoup some picks. 

I’d love for the Giants and Jags to both be right behind us and start a bidding war since both need QBs. 

+1

We are sop devoid of talent and a football foundation to build on we just need a great player at an impact position at this point.  Would prefer offense but let's not kid ourselves this is going to take another 2-3 years to build the right way.

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

+1

We are sop devoid of talent and a football foundation to build on we just need a great player at an impact position at this point.  Would prefer offense but let's not kid ourselves this is going to take another 2-3 years to build the right way.

Agreed. We aren’t going to be very good again next year either regardless of who the coach or GM is. This is going to take a while if we ever get there. 

26 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed. We aren’t going to be very good again next year either regardless of who the coach or GM is. This is going to take a while if we ever get there. 

We cant get everything in 1 off season... but we can make this team a lot better in just this off season. Get Bell and Edge (plenty of them in FA), a LG, a depth WR in FA. In the draft... draft Williams Round 1, the best C Round 3 and another WR Round 3. And we have a very competitive team next year. We rebuilt the OL, got a difference maker in Bell, gave Darnold 2 new WRs along with Bell and got an edge. This is for sure doable.

18 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Nothing will get better until we draft better. Once Bowles is gone we should improve as far as coaching goes but you can’t draft as bad as we have and expect success.

Bets thing for us is to get Offensive minds in here screaming at Macc that we need offense. Not Defensive guys saying we need DL and a secondary still.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We cant get everything in 1 off season... but we can make this team a lot better in just this off season. Get Bell and Edge (plenty of them in FA), a LG, a depth WR in FA. In the draft... draft Williams Round 1, the best C Round 3 and another WR Round 3. And we have a very competitive team next year. We rebuilt the OL, got a difference maker in Bell, gave Darnold 2 new WRs along with Bell and got an edge. This is for sure doable.

You think Bell would sign with us over Indy?

Archived