Week 2: Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0) vs. New England Patriots (1-0) - Myles Jack Wasn't Down Edition

.Buzz

Just now, Speedyg said:

I'm not taking credit away from the defense. I'm just not giving them ALL the credit for it.

There were at least two miscommunication on wide open backs that they missed, which would have been huge plays.

Telvin got away with a hold and a ridiculous offside penalty that could have been a back breaker.

Almost all the breaks went our way in this game, including officials actually calling the game fairly.

Again, I'm not trying to take away from the great team win.

But don't pretend like we haven't seen this song and dance before with this offensive playcalling/gameplanning.

This is why our top offense rank last season was misleading: one game we had 400 yards and 4 tds, the next it's 200 and 1 TD.

Because we have a top end defense and play to our strengths. I don't understand what's hard to understand about that.

We do call conservatively on offense at times, but that's because we have an elite defense that has gotten comparisons to the best defenses in NFL history. There's good reason for it. If we get all aggressive and mistakes happen offensively all that does it put us in a way more difficult situation.

We win the turnover battle, take care of the ball on offense, and we are going to win most every game. If we need to alter the gameplan for who we play (just as we did yesterday), than we do. Losing Fournettte probably added to it some, but Hackett was clearly given the green light to be aggressive as Marrone and co. knew who we were playing. Brady was going to get his. We needed the offense to get their's.

We may win a lot of ugly football, but winning is winning. As long as they learned from the AFCCG and realize that sometimes they need to keep their foot down when up against some teams and not get conservative, I'm good with that. They definitely need to allow for more of what we saw yesterday, and it sounds like that's the plan in the big picture. To allow for Blake to have more opportunities to air it out.

Archived