Week 2: Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0) vs. New England Patriots (1-0) - Myles Jack Wasn't Down Edition

.Buzz

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

We just curb-stomped the Patriots, the team that has ran the AFC for years, for the first time in franchise history and the first game against them since the gut-wrenching loss in the AFCCG and this is your first and only reply in this thread?

tenor.gif

What else that needs to be said that hasn't been said?

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Saw Abry Jones at the gas station across from my work. All I said was good game yesterday and he said thank you. Had the Georgia shirt on with the red and black BMW.

Nice, he's been rock solid so far this year.

Just now, Speedyg said:

What else that needs to be said that hasn't been said?

Not sure why that matters? We just won a football game in dominating fashion against the best team in the AFC. I think we can hold back on the "just wait til next week when we don't perform as well", but I guess if that's the route you wanna take...

Just would be a rough go for me if after a win, especially a big win, to go into dark thoughts about the next game hours later....

Just now, .Buzz said:

Not sure why that matters? We just won a football game in dominating fashion against the best team in the AFC. I think we can hold back on the "just wait til next week when we don't perform as well", but I guess if that's the route you wanna take...

Just would be a rough go for me if after a win, especially a big win, to go into dark thoughts about the next game hours later....

I would if Doug's comments during press con didn't basically confirm that Grant is going back to the shelf next week.

I mean, I enjoy the win. But it's week 2, and at the end of the day beating the Patriots in week 2 is not the same as beating them in the playoffs.

Want to really hear something you don't want to? Brady was off.

Yes our defense was good as always.

But he was also off. I don't think our rush was any better yesterday than it was in Foxboro. He just missed guys yesterday that he didn't miss then. 

And Titans week is coming up, which means as big as this week was, next week could be even bigger.

Just now, Speedyg said:

I would if Doug's comments during press con didn't basically confirm that Grant is going back to the shelf next week.

I mean, I enjoy the win. But it's week 2, and at the end of the day beating the Patriots in week 2 is not the same as beating them in the playoffs.

Want to really hear something you don't want to? Brady was off.

Yes our defense was good as always.

But he was also off. I don't think our rush was any better yesterday than it was in Foxboro. He just missed guys yesterday that he didn't miss then. 

And Titans week is coming up, which means as big as this week was, next week could be even bigger.

Re: Corey Grant

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/9/12/17847286/corey-grant-jacksonville-jaguars-gameplan

This isn't to say I think we use Grant as much as we should, but he definitely shouldn't be used in a large rol. 5-10 touches a game is fine.

Also, who is saying beating them in week 2 is the same thing as the playoffs? Doesn't mean it isn't a big win and worth being happy and optimistic about. 

Brady was off, but it definitely had to do with the pass rush. Watch him in the pocket. He was trying to get rid of it and wasn't stepping into his throws because of the rush on several occasions. The guys put big licks on him a ton of times, just as Fowler alluded to in his post presser. It may not have been that much better than last year in Foxborough, but that was also the first legit game we played against him with this ridiculously talented defense and it sure looked to me like he came about it much differently.

Titans game is definitely bigger. It's a division game, doesn't mean you don't take appreciation by just beating Tom Brady and the team that has ran the AFC for over a decade and beat us in the 4th quarter to hold us out of the Super Bowl.

I'm not suggesting Grant needs to see 20-30 touches. But I don't think anyone can argue that this game was called differently than last, and Grant could have surely helped this offense out last week (and I'm sure in weeks to come). I am pretty sure this isn't the last time we ask "where was Corey grant?" after the game.

And while I'm sure the early hits on Brady played a role on his struggles, I think the reality was...yeah he rushed his throws. But he really didn't need to. In a lot of those throws, we really weren't close. He'll see that and be ready for it for round 3.

2 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

I'm not suggesting Grant needs to see 20-30 touches. But I don't think anyone can argue that this game was called differently than last, and Grant could have surely helped this offense out last week (and I'm sure in weeks to come). I am pretty sure this isn't the last time we ask "where was Corey grant?" after the game.

And while I'm sure the early hits on Brady played a role on his struggles, I think the reality was...yeah he rushed his throws. But he really didn't need to. In a lot of those throws, we really weren't close. He'll see that and be ready for it for round 3.

How weren't we close? I remember several occasions where Ngakoue/Malik/Campbell etc. had a nice lick on Brady after the throw.

If these guys weren't close, how would they have got that many pressures/hits on the guy without getting called for it? It's Brady, refs are going to be extra flag friendly when it comes to him.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

When you play like the Jaguars did and force Tom Brady to start running for first downs and doing bootlegs it's more than just Brady being "off" that day. If you don't want to give us credit, fine.

I'm not taking credit away from the defense. I'm just not giving them ALL the credit for it.

There were at least two miscommunication on wide open backs that they missed, which would have been huge plays.

Telvin got away with a hold and a ridiculous offside penalty that could have been a back breaker.

Almost all the breaks went our way in this game, including officials actually calling the game fairly.

Again, I'm not trying to take away from the great team win.

But don't pretend like we haven't seen this song and dance before with this offensive playcalling/gameplanning.

This is why our top offense rank last season was misleading: one game we had 400 yards and 4 tds, the next it's 200 and 1 TD.

Archived