Samuel Gold breakdown of Jonathan Allen from last year

turtle28

Good breakdown.  It's a shame the injury happened because Allen was making a very big impact.  His ability to play both outside and inside is crucial for the hybrid defense we are running right now.  We know the talent is there- this guy should've been a top 5 pick, maybe even #1 overall, but some weird injury concern knocked him back.  It was a great value pick, and one of my predictions was that Allen would be one of the top DE's in the NFL by the time the season ended.  

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

Me, or us in general with regards to draft picks?

I think he just means in general that we don’t have a complaint about a draft pick and we’re thrilled he fell in our lap at 17 when he should’ve went top 5, top 10 at the latest.

5 hours ago, TKellion said:

I am refering to the ongoing Scherf -Williams debate lol.For the record,I was quite happy we took Scherf instead of Williams,But I am the minority

The way I see it is they’re both great pro bowl caliber players so it doesn’t matter much anymore which we had drafted - or didn’t - especially since we drafted Ioannidis, Allen and Payne in the last 3 drafts. It was a bigger deal to me from 2015-2017 bc our DL sucked in 2015 & 16 and was only above average when they were healthy in 2017.

Archived