Week 2 GDT: KC @ Pit

onejayhawk

4 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Where's Tano? Where's Speaks? Where's Ford? Where's Houston? Where's some dang answers????

Speaks looks....not good, so far. The rest of them actually have looked fine when we rush 4+. Done a good job of collapsing the pocket but you aren't doing that on a 3 man rush unless your 3 man rush is like Watt, Donald, and Atkins.

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Speaks looks....not good, so far. The rest of them actually have looked fine when we rush 4+. Done a good job of collapsing the pocket but you aren't doing that on a 3 man rush unless your 3 man rush is like Watt, Donald, and Atkins.

Yeah, the draft class as a whole is not inspiring.

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Yeah, the draft class as a whole is not inspiring.

I'm still high on Watts. I think Watts/Berry will wind up being our best safety duo by season's end. I want to see Watts in Parker's role and DOD in Sorensen's role by season's end. But there's a few guys that we knew when we took them they'd be projects (Mackenzie, Smith, DOD given his role, and Speaks given the position change.) But yeah, not a big instant impact thing. Though if you consider that our first round pick was 50% of Mahomes, that helps.

I don't like Speaks outside though. He should be a 3-4 DE. Don't like him as an edge for several reasons.

Archived