Week 2 GDT: Raiders (0-1) @ Broncos (1-0)

SilverNBlackFan

f0rwhf.jpg

Didn't see one up yet so I figured we'd get some discussion going for this game.  Some discussion points off the top of my head:

-Carr has never really played well against Denver. Will be interesting to see how he bounces back from last weeks disastrous game. 

-How will Kolton Miller and Donald Penn fare against the Broncos outside rushers. Miller, Chubb, Ray and Shaq Barrett will be a helluva test.

-Will decoy Amari Cooper show up or will we actually try to get him the ball?  

-New additions Hankins and McDonald figure to not only play but get the bulk of snaps. I figure the Broncos will be run heavy with their solid RB core, so will be interesting to see how they hold up.

-What kind of dance will Marquette King do after a punt? 

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Think Cook will have another big game?

Yes and Bryant Cooper. I love the run first attitude to set up the play action. Our tackles did pretty good vs the rams. Carr just needs to step up and go through his progressions. He can’t play scared. I believe we our the better team.

Keenum did not do well vs Seattle he had a lot of questionable calls go his way and he also threw some 2 nd half Carr throws all game. 

My concern is our pass rush. Can we actually penetrate the pocket? Because the rams game we had almost zero.

21 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Seattle’s OL is absolutely terrible and the legion of boom is a skeleton of itself. Keenum still threw 3 picks. Can’t believe he is starting but gets a pass because Elway is the GM

Our offensive line didn't play great last week either and both of OT's are a question mark at this point. Do you really trust Kolton Miller to keep Miller out of the backfield? And as we all know at the slightest hint of pressure Carr gets happy feet. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our offensive line didn't play great last week either and both of OT's are a question mark at this point. Do you really trust Kolton Miller to keep Miller out of the backfield? And as we all know at the slightest hint of pressure Carr gets happy feet. 

Our OL played pretty well actually in comparison to Seattle’s, especially considering who they were going up against.

and based off of Week 1 I trust Kolton, but he’s a rookie in his second game, so it’s really up to him to prove it. I’m sure Von will likely get the best of him a few times, to be expected. 

I'm hopeful for this game and will be rooting like crazy... however it's a road game and Denvers defense is similar to the Rams although probably not quite as good. They have exactly what Carr struggles with. Two great corners and a pass rush. I'll say Denver wins 26-19. 

However, Carrs two worst matchups of the year were probably these first two weeks. I would expect the final 14 games for him to look like a much different and competant QB. 

2 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Our OL played pretty well actually in comparison to Seattle’s, especially considering who they were going up against.

and based off of Week 1 I trust Kolton, but he’s a rookie in his second game, so it’s really up to him to prove it. I’m sure Von will likely get the best of him a few times, to be expected. 

It's hard to really judge our OL because Carr gets the ball out of his hand so fast. 

11 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

Carr is being manhandled in the media right now but to be fair he has not played like a $25 million dollar QB. Hopefully he can get things going. This would be a huge win and could change the whole out look of the season.

Dude deserves it. If you're the main reason we didn't keep Khalil Mack then you need to be a big reason why not keeping Mack turns out okay.

45 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Dude deserves it. If you're the main reason we didn't keep Khalil Mack then you need to be a big reason why not keeping Mack turns out okay.

To be fair if they did the opposite and kept Mack over Carr, we’d probably be wasting the majority of his contract looking for another QB. Would’ve been just best to keep both obviously. But hoesntly he doesn’t deserve it, yet. It wasn’t his choice to trade Mack, and most QBs get more than one week to master a new scheme and coaching staff, especially one that had been through as many as he has. I get that he made a few horrible throws, it’s just my humble opinion that he deserves more than one week (in this system) before calling for his head. 

Archived