Inter-conference; more balanced now?

Hunter2_1

I would make the case that the cream of the crop of the NFC is better (Rams, Saints, Eagles) but I think the AFC as a whole is better than the NFC.

Also y'all are sleeping on Baltimore, and I'm not sure why.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

and Seattle aren't too far ahead. Certainly not a top 10 team.

I would wait on this claim, I get the feeling they're a fringe Top 10 team that's a real threat. Last we saw them play they pushed the Rams to the edge and then clobbered Oakland (albeit anyone should do that right now), but Seattle can run the ball and their O-Line has and is improving as the season progresses. Remember the last time Seattle could run the ball? Because they're currently 9th in the NFL in rush YPG.

They're the ~wildcard team I do not want to face in the postseason.

10 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

I would make the case that the cream of the crop of the NFC is better (Rams, Saints, Eagles) but I think the AFC as a whole is better than the NFC.

Also y'all are sleeping on Baltimore, and I'm not sure why.

I would wait on this claim, I get the feeling they're a fringe Top 10 team that's a real threat. Last we saw them play they pushed the Rams to the edge and then clobbered Oakland (albeit anyone should do that right now), but Seattle can run the ball and their O-Line has and is improving as the season progresses. Remember the last time Seattle could run the ball? Because they're currently 9th in the NFL in rush YPG.

They're the ~wildcard team I do not want to face in the postseason.

Possibly, yeah. I'm slightly down on them despite their good run games recently, as they came against LAR (who have been giving up yardage on the ground) and as you say, OAK are booty. Would absolutely not be surprised to see them in the playoffs, taking scalps, of course. That type of franchise.

2 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

i think the afc sucks narrative was always ridiculous

here we have the chiefs, steelers, chargers, bengals, pats, (no order), all of who are genuine contenders and i wouldn’t be super shocked if any of them pulled out a SB

and Baltimore. 

On 10/18/2018 at 9:52 AM, riceman80 said:

Why is everybody putting the Steelers up there? That D is atrocious. Theyre the 3rd best team in their division, both in overall record and talent.

Tier 1 id say is Patriots, Rams, and Saints

Tier 2 id say KC, SD, BAL, and CIN in AFC. MIN, PHI, CHI, GB, and maybe CAR.

Lest we also forget, if not for catastrophic injuries we'd likely be talking about SF and ATL in tier 2 as well.

Its closer than last year but id still say that the NFC still holds the power. 2 NFC playoff contenders were just destroyed by injuries.

I was thinking the same thing.  I would put the Dolphins in there before the Steelers. 

Archived