Inter-conference; more balanced now?

Hunter2_1

It's been pretty obvious that for the last couple of seasons that the NFC holds the overall balance of power. Last year was its pinnacle with Eagles, Vikings, Rams and Saints.

Do you think, after two weeks of this season, the gap is less pronounced?

Chiefs look pretty impressive (as they did this time last season, of course). Jags seem like Seahawks of 2012 good, Steelers seem to have regressed but still have talent, and you can't count the Pats out, especially in the playoffs. Add to that Eagles have clearly regressed slightly without Wentz, Saints seem to be less formidable. Rams and Vikings still the best teams, for me. 

Too early to tell, probably, but what do you reckon? 

Give the Bengals some credit. Have to be one of the most impressive teams so far.

But I agree with your point that the NFC-AFC gap isn't going to be as big as everyone was saying during the off-season. When sampling at 16 team group sizes, things will gravitate to even. People are usually wrong about what will be a great division (It was the AFC West that was supposed to be great last year). This was a generalization on an even larger scale. 

6 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

It is still a large gap. There will be undeserving teams on the AFC side in the playoffs. I don't see that being the case in the NFC. Will be a loaded playoff race.

Too soon to say, but I think we'll have deserving teams in the AFC West and North to fill the wild card spots. I'm not really sure how good the NFC East champ will be. Looks like the Eagles will cruise to it, but it may depend on Wentz being back to MVP level for them to be back to a great team.

51 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Give the Bengals some credit. Have to be one of the most impressive teams so far.

But I agree with your point that the NFC-AFC gap isn't going to be as big as everyone was saying during the off-season. When sampling at 16 team group sizes, things will gravitate to even. People are usually wrong about what will be a great division (It was the AFC West that was supposed to be great last year). This was a generalization on an even larger scale. 

Field Yates

Andy Dalton has now played 16 games - a full season - under OC Bill Lazor. His numbers: 3,434 passing yards, 31 TD, 9 INT. Efficient and effective.

@TheVillain112 how shocked are you? 

1 minute ago, El ramster said:
Field Yates

Andy Dalton has now played 16 games - a full season - under OC Bill Lazor. His numbers: 3,434 passing yards, 31 TD, 9 INT. Efficient and effective.

@TheVillain112 how shocked are you? 

Bill Lazor really doesn't get enough credit.  Our offense was very very predictable before him.  Lazor has changed that drastically...

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

Bill Lazor really doesn't get enough credit.  Our offense was very very predictable before him.  Lazor has changed that drastically...

You didn’t answer the question. Did you somewhat expect these numbers? That’s very close to Dalton’s peak year! 

• 1 month later...

Revisiting, nearly at half point. What are we saying?

Rams, Saints...perhaps Panthers, Vikings, Eagles

vs

Chiefs, Patriots, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers are on the march now, Jags

It's dotted up a bit now, hasn't it. I may even take the AFC. 

16 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Revisiting, nearly at half point. What are we saying?

Rams, Saints...perhaps Panthers, Vikings, Eagles

vs

It's dotted up a bit now, hasn't it. I may even take the AFC. 

Tier one has to be Rams, Chiefs, and Patriots right?  No disrespect to the Ravens, Eagles, Panthers, Saints, etc... but they are in that next tier.  I would say it is pretty even now.

Also, Bill Lazor still fire...

23 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm going to put the Chargers in here as well. Offense has some balance, defense is doing good things without their top two players (Joey Bosa should return, however) and they're keeping afloat while on one of the roughest road schedules I've ever seen.

11 minutes ago, Ryan_W said:

Rams aren't allowed in tier one until they win by more than a score.

looks like just Pats/Chiefs

Skins are a dark horse, with the other mentioned

They won their first 3 games a combined: 102-36....

Also, don't make me laugh with the Redskins.

There are four clear Super Bowl contenders right now in the Rams, Chiefs, Patriots, and Saints, you can rank them in any order you please, but I'll take the Rams #1.

Archived