Inter-conference; more balanced now?

Hunter2_1

I don't think the NFC was overrated last season. You had 4 or 5 genuinely good teams that could have beat anybody on their day. Whereas the AFC had a NE that was sporting one of its worst defenses in years, a PIT team that just were not going to beat NE (but still looked very dangerous), and a JAX team who did look very good - but that's about it. KC had fallen off. In the top 10 teams, you may have had 3 or 4 from the AFC.

This season...it's a bit different so far.

As of right now it looks like the conferences are pretty even tbh.

I think both conferences have two teams that are clearly a cut above the rest right now: Rams/Saints in the NFC and Chiefs/Patriots in the AFC. If any combination of these teams were to play on a neutral field the game would be close to a toss-up, maybe leaning slightly more towards one way in certain cases.

I think both conferences have comparable second tiers of teams: Chargers/Ravens/Bengals/Steelers and Bears/Packers/Vikings/Panthers/Eagles are all pretty comparable, and I think if any of these teams were to play on a neutral field right now the games would be pretty close to toss ups.

Both conferences have shares of middling teams like the Browns/Dolphins/Texans in the AFC and Seahawks/Cowboys/Falcons in the NFC.

And both conferences have terrible teams: Raiders/Colts/Bills w/ Peterman in the AFC and Cardinals/49ers/Giants in the NFC

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I think its closer for sure with the rise of the Chiefs and the fall of teams like GB, MIN, PHI from the elite category.

Plus the worst division in football resides in the NFC.  NFC East that would be.

Eh.

I would argue that the AFC South is worse. Both are pretty bad though.

I would say the divisions right now go

1) AFC North

2) NFC North

3) NFC South

4) AFC West

5) AFC East

6) NFC West

7) NFC East

8) AFC South

7 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Eh.

I would argue that the AFC South is worse. Both are pretty bad though.

I would say the divisions right now go

1) AFC North

2) NFC North

3) NFC South

4) AFC West

5) AFC East

6) NFC West

7) NFC East

8) AFC South

IDK that NFC west making a strong case for worst division too even with maybe the best team in football in that division.  ARI and SF are 2 of the 5 worst teams in football in the same division.

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

IDK that NFC west making a strong case for worst division too even with maybe the best team in football in that division.  ARI and SF are 2 of the 5 worst teams in football in the same division.

and Seattle aren't too far ahead. Certainly not a top 10 team.

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yeah but the Rams are also part of the NFC West. Seahawks are a middling team.

I would still say the AFC South and NFC East are worst than the NFC West. No team in those divisions is even close to as good as the Rams are right now, and the Colts/Giants are arguably just as bad as the 9ers/Cardinals. 

Just now, Bolts223 said:

Yeah but the Rams are also part of the NFC West. Seahawks are a middling team.

I would still say the AFC South and NFC East are worst than the NFC West. No team in those divisions is even close to as good as the Rams are right now, and the Colts/Giants are arguably just as bad as the 9ers/Cardinals. 

Yeah it's the only division with 2 awful teams.  The other two only have 1 each (NYG, IND).  LA does boost them up though for sure.

Disagree.

The NFC East and AFC South may be mediocre, but they at least have three playoff contenders. The NFC West has two, and the other two teams are bottom tier teams. 

3 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Disagree.

The NFC East and AFC South may be mediocre, but they at least have three playoff contenders. The NFC West has two, and the other two teams are bottom tier teams. 

AFC South only has 3 playoff contenders by virtue of the division being so bad. One of them has to make the playoffs, and 3 of them are in the division hunt. That doesn't mean anything, it's very unlikely that any of these teams will be competing for a wild card if they don't win the division.

You could also argue that the Seahawks aren't completely out of the NFC Wild Card race yet either, although they are definitely not as likely as several other teams.

The same can be said for the East right now too.

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I think that if you put the saints against a top team they’ll lose 

Assume a two-game series, home and away vs the following;

Saints vs Chiefs - what does el rammo predict?

Saints vs Patriots - what does el rammo predict?

Archived