Inter-conference; more balanced now?

Hunter2_1

21 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm going to put the Chargers in here as well. Offense has some balance, defense is doing good things without their top two players (Joey Bosa should return, however) and they're keeping afloat while on one of the roughest road schedules I've ever seen.

The Jags really haven't looked good this season. Their offense is severely lacking with Bortles and no Fournette.

There are 6 teams in the AFC that I feel are the best. (No Order)

Patriots
Chiefs
Chargers
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers

it's unfortunate one of them has to miss the playoffs. It was pretty insulting that the Titans made the playoffs last year. 

Conversely teams in contention in the NFC: (Not necessarily Super Bowl contention)

Saints
Eagles
Vikings
Rams
Panthers
Bears
Packers

those 13 are ahead of the rest.

Why is everybody putting the Steelers up there? That D is atrocious. Theyre the 3rd best team in their division, both in overall record and talent.

Tier 1 id say is Patriots, Rams, and Saints

Tier 2 id say KC, SD, BAL, and CIN in AFC. MIN, PHI, CHI, GB, and maybe CAR.

Lest we also forget, if not for catastrophic injuries we'd likely be talking about SF and ATL in tier 2 as well.

Its closer than last year but id still say that the NFC still holds the power. 2 NFC playoff contenders were just destroyed by injuries.

6 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Why is everybody putting the Steelers up there? That D is atrocious. Theyre the 3rd best team in their division, both in overall record and talent.

Experience. No team, aside from New England, has more experience of having been there done that than they do. They're a team that has proven time and time again they can do what needs to be done even when things haven't been going perfectly for them they usually right the ship.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Experience. No team, aside from New England, has more experience of having been there done that than they do. They're a team that has proven time and time again they can do what needs to be done even when things haven't been going perfectly for them they usually right the ship.

I dont buy it. theyre bottom 11 in the following categories...

Points allowed, yards allowed, first downs allowed, rushing yards, yards per carry, scoring percentage per drive(both offense and defense), time of possession, and and theyre dead last in starting field position on offense. They also lead the league in penalties and penalty yards.

Their past holds no weight to me. Their entire success hinges on their passing game torching teams. A one dimensional offense + no defense + crappy coaching = not a playoff contender imo.

1 minute ago, riceman80 said:

I dont buy it. theyre bottom 11 in the following categories...

Points allowed, yards allowed, first downs allowed, rushing yards, yards per carry, scoring percentage per drive(both offense and defense), time of possession, and and theyre dead last in starting field position on offense. They also lead the league in penalties and penalty yards.

Their past holds no weight to me. Their entire success hinges on their passing game torching teams. A one dimensional offense + no defense + crappy coaching = not a playoff contender imo.

James Conner is a good runningback. He's at nearly 120 Yards from scrimmage a game, with 7 Touchdowns on the season. They are NOT a 1 dimensional offense. Now if you want to fault their defensive play to this point, that's fine, but I've seen them overcome this sort of thing in the past.

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Tier one has to be Rams, Chiefs, and Patriots right?  No disrespect to the Ravens, Eagles, Panthers, Saints, etc... but they are in that next tier.  I would say it is pretty even now.

Also, Bill Lazor still fire...

If we're to do tiers, I'd put LAR, NE, KC and NO in their own. I wouldn't be surprised if NO beat the Rams. 

So I guess we're pretty equal, in terms of conferences, now. 

37 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Well if they're the third best team in the North, we ought to be concerned as they've just beaten the best team up there in their own place. Early season they were nowhere, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go on a run and position themselves ripe for at least 10 wins. I reckon around the 9th-11th mark, something like that. 

You say people are sleeping on the Chargers. Possible. It's also possible they're being overrated by some. They've beaten 49ers, Bills, Raiders, Browns. Rivers is awesome, but I think they're about where they should be. Have lost to teams better than them, have beaten poor teams. They'll be in the hunt. 

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Well if they're the third best team in the North, we ought to be concerned as they've just beaten the best team up there in their own place. Early season they were nowhere, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go on a run and position themselves ripe for at least 10 wins. I reckon around the 9th-11th mark, something like that. 

The best team in the North is Baltimore and they shut Pitt out for an entire half at Heinz field and Flacco shredded them en route to a win.

1 minute ago, riceman80 said:

The best team in the North is Baltimore and they shut Pitt out for an entire half at Heinz field and Flacco shredded them en route to a win.

They've shut everyone out for entire halves (bet that comes to an end vs NO though). Pittsburgh will be in the mix.

16 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The nfc was massively overrated. The eagles and Vikings fell off from last season 

Vikings were 4-2 at this point of time last season and are 3-2-1 so far this season and have played relatively much harder schedule so far this season. Defense has struggled yes but it has looked better in last 2 weeks

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

The nfc was massively overrated. The eagles and Vikings fell off from last season 

The Eagles have been banged up all year. Wentz is back to looking like his 2017 form so I expect them to start playing up to their potential in the coming weeks.

Archived