Another Hurdle to Pass. A Week 4 GDT

LeeEvans

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

Doesn't matter. That negates a DPI to go for the ball. Doesn't negate a personal foul call. Can't hit a defensless receiver going for ball or not.

Completely disagree. Clinton-Dix has a better play on the ball than KB did. Clinton-Dix got there first and the contact was after and incidental. You can look at his eyes, he's not even looking at KB. 

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Completely disagree. Clinton-Dix has a better play on the ball than KB did. Clinton-Dix got there first and the contact was after and incidental. You can look at his eyes, he's not even looking at KB. 

And, KB wasn't looking at the ball anymore, evidenced by him pulling his arms back to his body to brace for the hit.

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

Doesn't matter a hit to a defensless receiver is a hit to a defensless receiver regardless. Intentional or not by rule it's a personal foul. It's like if a DE swipes at a ball in QBs hand to get a strip and accidentally hits the QB in head... It's still a personal foul regardless. Anytime a defensless receiver or QB is hit in head then it's a penalty.

2 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Doesn't matter a hit to a defensless receiver is a hit to a defensless receiver regardless. Intentional or not by rule it's a personal foul. It's like if a DE swipes at a ball in QBs hand to get a strip and accidentally hits the QB in head... It's still a personal foul regardless. Anytime a defensless receiver or QB is hit in head then it's a penalty.

So the safety should just not even attempt to make a play on the ball and let KB just catch a 30 yard pass? That's insane and I would be beyond livid if that call went against my team. Clinton-Dix did absolutely nothing wrong on that play, he had a play on the ball and made it and then KB get hit by the follow through.

Just now, Yibbyl said:

Coverage sack. This game has really made me realize just what we have (or not) at the WR position. There just isn't enough speed and shiftiness, like an Edelman or Amendola, to get the quick separation we need.

For sure. I think Josh should have touched it and ran but I agree that this game has been the most noticeable of our complete and utter lack of talent at WR.

So the safety should just not even attempt to make a play on the ball and let KB just catch a 30 yard pass? That's insane and I would be beyond livid if that call went against my team. Clinton-Dix did absolutely nothing wrong on that play, he had a play on the ball and made it and then KB get hit by the follow through.

Well it was inevitable. He did nothing wrong but still penalty sucks. But NFL rules suck now

For sure. I think Josh should have touched it and ran but I agree that this game has been the most noticeable of our complete and utter lack of talent at WR.

Worse, even when we have the size-advantage players, like KB, he just plays so stinkin' soft. Just won't fight to get what should be rightfully his. I absolutely loath Edelman, but he is exactly the kind of receiver we could use. Harasses those SCB's with quick moves to get open and then actually successfully snatches the ball.

1 minute ago, Yibbyl said:

Worse, even when we have the size-advantage players, like KB, he just plays so stinkin' soft. Just won't fight to get what should be rightfully his. I absolutely loath Edelman, but he is exactly the kind of receiver we could use. Harasses those SCB's with quick moves to get open and then actually successfully snatches the ball.

We've got no speed and no good route runners. Unfortunately I think we're stuck with what we have until next year. I fully expect us to have a completely new group of receivers next year. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

We've got no speed and no good route runners. Unfortunately I think we're stuck with what we have until next year. I fully expect us to have a completely new group of receivers next year. 

Yeah, I don't know how we don't shuffle that deck.

Archived