WEEK 4 GDT - Steelers vs. Ravens SNF

skywlker32

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

D needed help, never got much.  Will they do something about this in the offseason? I expect rooney to step in and read colbert the riot act soon and get the hotseat ready. 

they have too.. its gonna get worse ..how are they gonna stop Atlanta next wk? or cin after that? our last 4 games are against the raiders, pats, bengals and saints.. like IDK how we can have a late season "surge" with this soft as cotton defense and bi-polar offense ..we're done

already annoyed at the idea of seeing this offense play in Jacksonville, travel to oakland(house of horrors during the ben era) mile high or seeing this defense trying to stop brees, brady, rivers, Dalton and flacco in Baltimore..oh and see how we stop that panther run game.. that's gonna be fun!

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

they have too.. its gonna get worse ..how are they gonna stop Atlanta next wk? or cin after that? our last 4 games are against the raiders, pats, bengals and saints.. like IDK how we can have a late season "surge" with this soft as cotton defense and bi-polar offense ..we're done

HOW DOES THE D GET WORSE WHEN IT IS THE WORST?

Ok, the opposition gets worse, so instead of near 30 points it will be near 45 points . 

If they really want o salvage the 2018 season, they need to trade bell and get 2 legit starters on D, safety and CB or even just a CB. I think Adeyini will help with a rotational pass rush but the safety play is still a problem.  I would let M.Allen have a shot, it can't get much worse.  Someone needs to teach endures how to tackle again and keep doing so if required.  Thomas needs to replace VW but that ain't happening since colbert signed VW and he is cemented in as the starter for the next 3 years .

The talent isn't there on D, but the draft picks are- > fail by scouts  and colbert.

I fully expect Ben to start talking retirement again. The lean years are upon us Boys. I don't usually consider myself a pessimist as far as the future of the Steelers is concerned. However, Ben's age and inconsistency, the loss of Bell and whatever type of Defense that is leads me to believe we are on the cusp of rebuilding. Time will tell if Rudolph, JuJu/JW and Connor are good enough to be the future centerpieces. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

I fully expect Ben to start talking retirement again. The lean years are upon us Boys. I don't usually consider myself a pessimist as far as the future of the Steelers is concerned. However, Ben's age and inconsistency, the loss of Bell and whatever type of Defense that is leads me to believe we are on the cusp of rebuilding. Time will tell if Rudolph, JuJu/JW and Connor are good enough to be the future centerpieces. 

I can't see why we can't rebound and be better. Ben has been inconsistent, and not quite what many hoped but still shows his old game changers now and then, it's still there, but not easy;y retrieved . The D can't get worse, that much we know, well it could but lets agree in the last 45 years this is by far the worst  D this team has had.

The D needs the work more than anything, but if Ben stays and eats cap space and plays mediocre, it won't help.  Bell wouldn't have mattered because foster and pouncey couldn't block me tonight int he run game from what I saw. Where is cody wallace, him and Finney would be better tonight.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

This team is done. Defensively for sure.

For the first time in the SB era we are a rebuilding team. Tomlin did that....enough said

tomlin or colbert, or Ben, thats who we blame. What will they do, thats next, and I doubt they do anything this season, its a waste already IMO

Fact 1 : The D is the worst in 45+ years

Fact 2: the pricey Offence can't win in spite of the D 

Fact 3 : time to change the philosophy and get back to the roots of this franchise and build a legit D.  They tired loading the Offence with all the high priced players and we aren't winning anything, so that was a waste.  We have to rely on the TE to get the crowd going when in the past it was the D on a regular basis that did it.  This team no longer has the physicality that the steelers have had forever. 

7 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I can't see why we can't rebound and be better. Ben has been inconsistent, and not quite what many hoped but still shows his old game changers now and then, it's still there, but not easy;y retrieved . The D can't get worse, that much we know, well it could but lets agree in the last 45 years this is by far the worst  D this team has had.

The D needs the work more than anything, but if Ben stays and eats cap space and plays mediocre, it won't help.  Bell wouldn't have mattered because foster and pouncey couldn't block me tonight int he run game from what I saw. Where is cody wallace, him and Finney would be better tonight.

I appreciate the optimism but I think you're blind. This team's Offense is not consistent enough to make up for that clueless Defense. It hasn't been for years. There is NO identity on either side of the ball. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

I appreciate the optimism but I think you're blind. This team's Offense is not consistent enough to make up for that butt-to-elbow Defense. It hasn't been for years. There is NO identity on either side of the ball. 

The optimism is partially blind based on the limited flashes and iff the old ben plays for say a half O.o.

Agree there is no identity and the D is the worst ever since I have watched.  This team is lousy. The shot on the sidelines said it all, the D seemed to not be into the game .  

If the D stays near the bottom of the league, will that get colbert fired because he is the one putting the talent together, not tomlin. BB couldn't get much more out of this D IMO, just lacing in key areas in todays passing game (CB and safety as well as pass rush) 

This season might go down as a waste but if it actually finally get the changes made, then it's for the better because this has gone on for too long on D. 

Nice offseason colbert. Go draft more WR or TE's next year. 

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

to

Fact 3 : time to change the philosophy and get back to the roots of this franchise and build a legit D.  They tired loading the Offence with all the high priced players and we aren't winning anything, so that was a waste.  We have to rely on the TE to get the crowd going when in the past it was the D on a regular basis that did it.  This team no longer has the physicality that the steelers have had forever. 

sad part is that they tried to load this defense with high round talent and we still ended up with this mess

been a big fan of colbert.. but he (and tomlin) have drop the ball on talent evaluation when it comes to defense... its very worrisome that this is what they've come up with using high draft picks..makes me think they need some new eyes building this team

They've had one the best OL in the League. They've had a top Top 5 QB. A top 2 WR. A top 3 RB. That alone should equal close to 30pts a game. Make opposing teams play catch-up. Then on Defense, draft guys that just pin their ears back and rush the QB. I know I'm simplifying but this is what I would have tried to do. That is at least an identity. 

1 minute ago, August4th said:

sad part is that they tried to load this defense with high round talent and we still ended up with this mess

been a big fan of colbert.. but he (and tomlin) have drop the ball on talent evaluation when it comes to defense... its very worrisome that this is what they've come up with using high draft picks..makes me think they need some new eyes building this team

totally failed in the drafting, so the scouts and colbert and whoever, need to be cleared out. 

What they did:

paid all the vets that are proven on offence  

failed with high draft picks on D since there wasn't any capscpace left 

next time around, mix UFA proven talent with draft picks on both sides or at least make more crucial areas (CB, Safety and 1 edge anyways)  a sure thing. 

Between Ben , dupree 5th year and what was wasted on franchise this year, that could be around  $35M  that could be on the D if Ben does retire

What UFA safeties and CB's would you want? 

Archived