Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

15 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Interesting candidate. Can’t dissect his record too much. St the college level the top level recruits aren’t itching to go to Texas tech 

USC has top recruits coming and I guarantee you we don't want Clay Helton near this program, and he can't even get fired.

17 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Interesting candidate. Can’t dissect his record too much. St the college level the top level recruits aren’t itching to go to Texas tech 

Figured you meant that Kilff wasn't bringing in top recruits to Texas Tech.  Where somewhere like USC has a horrible coaching staff but can bring in the top level talent so it's not just about who's the coach there. 

Or it is that Kliff just didn't have the talent to win because no one wants to go to Texas Tech just because it's Texas Tech.  Went with the latter. 

9 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Figured you meant that Kilff wasn't bringing in top recruits to Texas Tech.  Where somewhere like USC has a horrible coaching staff but can bring in the top level talent so it's not just about who's the coach there. 

Or it is that Kliff just didn't have the talent to win because no one wants to go to Texas Tech just because it's Texas Tech.  Went with the latter. 

The second part. I mean look what Greg Schiano did at Rutgers. He gets more credit now as he left and the program went from respectable but fell apart. 

Texas tech isn’t a school top recruits strive for when LSU Texas , Texas am , Alabama , Oklahoma and Georgia are in that region recruiting top players 

47 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Smart move by Kingsbury to wait till January.  I ll be curious to see if he gets any HC interviews with the NFL.  I m going to say no, but if you re a defensive minded HC, getting Kingsbury opens up more potential HC interviews potentially.  I m thinking like a Fangio or Schwartz

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Smart move by Kingsbury to wait till January.  I ll be curious to see if he gets any HC interviews with the NFL.  I m going to say no, but if you re a defensive minded HC, getting Kingsbury opens up more potential HC interviews potentially.  I m thinking like a Fangio or Schwartz

Honestly, doing what McVay (and even Koetter) does is probably the best route. Go all in on offense and have your DC play head coach when the offense is off the field.

But you've gotta have a great DC for it to work. I think a guy like Richard would be among the best candidates for something like that.

Or get a defensive guy like you mentioned and give a Fangio or Schwartz the HC spot and find an offensive mind like Kingsbury to run every aspect of the offense. Stick to your defense and personnel and let the other guy run the show on his side of the ball.

Teams all over college and even the NFL aren't relying on the HC to do as much as they used to. And it makes sense. If you can build a good coaching staff, why not spread the workload around more and let guys do what they're good at?

Jason Garrett gets mocked for being "The Clapper" quite a bit. But it doesn't matter if his coordinators are doing their jobs.

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Honestly, doing what McVay (and even Koetter) does is probably the best route. Go all in on offense and have your DC play head coach when the offense is off the field.

But you've gotta have a great DC for it to work. I think a guy like Richard would be among the best candidates for something like that.

Or get a defensive guy like you mentioned and give a Fangio or Schwartz the HC spot and find an offensive mind like Kingsbury to run every aspect of the offense. Stick to your defense and personnel and let the other guy run the show on his side of the ball.

Teams all over college and even the NFL aren't relying on the HC to do as much as they used to. And it makes sense. If you can build a good coaching staff, why not spread the workload around more and let guys do what they're good at?

Jason Garrett gets mocked for being "The Clapper" quite a bit. But it doesn't matter if his coordinators are doing their jobs.

Gruden and Kiffen, it definitely works wi the right coordinator.  Will a team take the plunge and hire Kingsbury as HC?  He at best was getting some 3 star recruits to come to.Lubbock and was having monster production offensively.  The NFL game is more college offense more then ever.  I kind of want to see him hired as a HC this offseason.  

5 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Question.

if kris Richard is a Hc candidate, and we hire him. Could we maybe land a guy like aKingsbury to be an Oc? 

That would be a lot of questionable "Can he do it?" 

But I'd be willing to give it a go. We've tried everything else.

Archived