Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

41 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Jones' deep ball is a thing of beauty. It fires off his hand and drops perfectly to his receiver almost every time. Every one looks like an overthrow until it gets there. I don't know how he does it.

Yea I watched the bowl with him playing vs. Temple albeit...   He had a couple WTF moments that looked like he was tuning into his inner Jameis but overall yea he looks nice and that deep ball is a thing of beauty.

48 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

My money's on Caldwell. I think he's the Glazer's top choice.

My top choice is Richard.

I really hope its not Caldwell...   I mean I guess we would be mediocre and probably going to the playoffs as he has shown the ability to do that but thats about it.  I guess you couldn't complain with the drought.

I agree though my top choice is richard.

9 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Yea I watched the bowl with him playing vs. Temple albeit...   He had a couple WTF moments that looked like he was tuning into his inner Jameis but overall yea he looks nice and that deep ball is a thing of beauty.

I watched those three or four game cut ups of him from earlier in the year. He had quite a few of those WTF moments. But I liked the way he moved in the pocket and he's got good touch and accuracy when he wants to.

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He is really doubling down on his Arians to Tampa rumor.

Sure is. 😂

I'd be all for it. QB is all that really matters in the NFL. And Arians has coached and helped a ton of them; Peyton, Big Ben, Palmer. He could add Jameis to his list of successes. 😀

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I watched those three or four game cut ups of him from earlier in the year. He had quite a few of those WTF moments. But I liked the way he moved in the pocket and he's got good touch and accuracy when he wants to.

Yep he also had suffered an ankle injury during the bowl game so that could ahve caused some problems and while he was out the other QB threw an INT for a TD so he was playing catch up on a bad ankle which was his plant leg too.  All in all he looked the part.

10 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think most of us prefer a first time HC. With that said who puts Arians in their #1 spot ahead of a first time HC and why?

He's my number two, behind Richard.

If anyone in the NFL deserves the title of "QB Whisperer" I think it's him.

But I like what Richard would bring to our defense. We have some pieces that I think could imitate the defenses in Seattle and Dallas that he's made great. And his ability to turn late round CBs into great players is intriguing. Would allow us to focus on the trenches early in the draft. You can't fix everything in one offseason. But I think he could fix the most issues of anyone available, assuming his staff is solid.

20 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think most of us prefer a first time HC. With that said who puts Arians in their #1 spot ahead of a first time HC and why?

If Arians is truly available, he is #1.  So much is invested in a #1 overall QB selection, his track record suggests he is the best option to get the best out of Winston.  An added bonus,  his defense is anything, but passive.  

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's my number two, behind Richard.

If anyone in the NFL deserves the title of "QB Whisperer" I think it's him.

But I like what Richard would bring to our defense. We have some pieces that I think could imitate the defenses in Seattle and Dallas that he's made great. And his ability to turn late round CBs into great players is intriguing. Would allow us to focus on the trenches early in the draft. You can't fix everything in one offseason. But I think he could fix the most issues of anyone available, assuming his staff is solid.

What’s your succession plan for Arians since he is 66 with health issues. If Bowles is fired I’d bet he would be the DC, but him becoming the HC in waiting doesn’t do it for me.

Archived